very touchy gas pedal. needs adjusting???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JUST4FUN

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
it could be the TB might need cleaning and is sticking.

EEResQ

Reaction score
Still need to know if there is a "mechanical" adjustment...

...So, does anyone on this forum know if there is a mechanical resistance adjustment for the gas pedal on a 2006 Expedition?

OK, if I'm reading the responses correctly, my accelerator pedal actually feeds an electric motor which sends fuel to the fuel injectors. Correct?

So, as the accelerator pedal must be manually depressed for this action to occur, and then the pedal returned to its standby position when the force of a foot is released, is there not a "mechanical resistance" device which makes this happen; and can this be adjusted to provide more resistance?

Thanks!

Last edited:

larshell

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Mine is 05 EB and it is a bit touchy also. I have step light, Knee is now aching not sure if it is from it or not. During speedy ride I love it.

EEResQ

Reaction score
it could be the TB might need cleaning and is sticking.

OK, I also heard this from an AutoZone store store manager / former Ford service writer. He recommended I run a bottle of LUCAS Oil "Upper Cylinder and Fuel Injector Cleaner" through on my next two gas refills. Tank number one is about through. I'll wait and see what (if any) results the second dose produces.

Mine is 05 EB and it is a bit touchy also. I have to step light, Knee is now aching not sure if it is from it or not.

Same here. Right knee aches after a long trip that doesn't include cruise control. Interesting "cause and effect" to consider.

jjuscg

Reaction score
Jumping Accelerator.

My '04 did not do this, but I just replaced it with an '06, and I now have exactly the same problem. I have a good friend who is a master auto tech (GM), and he didn't have any suggestions. He did do a chemical cleaning of the air intake and throttle body, which seems to make it better, but the issue is still there. It seems to me there must be a remedy, either mechanical, or electronic, but I haven't found any solutions online..

stangant

Full Access Members
Reaction score
my 03 navi has the same "issue" very touchy. Just gotten used to it