Vibrating humming rattle

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MaxinRelaxin

Reaction score
Hello everyone, please help me diagnose this problem with my 2012 4x4 Expedition

when I accelerate from when I take my foot off the peddle in 1st gear I guess, there is a rattle vibrating humm.

I’m guessing something to do with the Pulleys and Serpantine belt?

justinp16ex

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hello everyone, please help me diagnose this problem with my 2012 4x4 Expedition

when I accelerate from when I take my foot off the peddle in 1st gear I guess, there is a rattle vibrating humm.

I’m guessing something to do with the Pulleys and Serpantine belt?

Does it sound like metal vibration, there is a heat shield that could be loose, common issue.

OP
OP
MaxinRelaxin

MaxinRelaxin

Reaction score
Thanks a lot! I just watched that on YouTube I’m going to see if that was indeed the problem. Sounds exactly like mine. Appreciate the advice

Machete

My Rig. 2000 EB 4x4 5.4L
Reaction score
Depending on where you’re feeling the vibration from you could look into your drivetrain.

OP
OP
MaxinRelaxin

MaxinRelaxin

Reaction score
The vibrating sound only happens between 5 and 10 mph. Really noticeable in like a drive thru lane or around a parking lot. It’s. Or the heat shield under the transmission.