Vibration Turning Right @ 20+mph

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jeremy W

Reaction score
So, I have a '07 4x4 Expy EB. Has 133K on it and runs well. Have an issue that came up a few weeks ago. When I turn right at 20+mph there is a vibration in the floor, gas pedal and steering wheel. I can feel it changing lanes on the road and going around right hand curves. Seems like it would be a wheel bearing issue, but I've not seen many issues with bearings on these in the forums. Thoughts?

juan214

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Usually a real bad front wheel bearing wears down the ABS Sensor and triggers the ABS Light. If that's the case change out the bearing or Hub, Install a new seal as the seal may have failed and cause the wear. The hub should come with a new sensor.

OP
OP
J

Jeremy W

Reaction score
Usually a real bad front wheel bearing wears down the ABS Sensor and triggers the ABS Light. If that's the case change out the bearing or Hub, Install a new seal as the seal may have failed and cause the wear. The hub should come with a new sensor.

ABS Light isn't on... I've ordered the hub assembly with the sensor. I'll post if it fixes it.

juan214

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Did you lift the truck to inspect if it was the bearing? It's simply jack it up and jiggle the tire side to side. Usually done right and left and or top and bottom. Any movement at these positions could be the bearing or any of the other steering components. If you have never inspected one before and can not tell try at 10:30 & 4:30, and 1:30 &7:30. Any moving movement could be the bearing at these positions.

Good luck

bobmbx

Full Access Members
Reaction score
So, I have a '07 4x4 Expy EB. Has 133K on it and runs well. Have an issue that came up a few weeks ago. When I turn right at 20+mph there is a vibration in the floor, gas pedal and steering wheel. I can feel it changing lanes on the road and going around right hand curves. Seems like it would be a wheel bearing issue, but I've not seen many issues with bearings on these in the forums. Thoughts?

Sounds like a CV joint needs some attention. Bearings "growl" when they go bad, and can produce a 'buzzing' in the steering wheel; CV joints tend to make a thumping or a clicking sound, especially when going around corners.

Big Brian

Full Access Members
Reaction score
to test for a bad cv joint turn the wheel hard right or left and accelerate (do this in a safe place like a empty parking lot) you will hear the cv joint clicking if its bad.

Do it at a slow speed, don't overdo it

does not sound like a wheel bearing issue to me hard to tell from the description

OP
OP
J

Jeremy W

Reaction score
I forgot to reply to this... A year late never hurt, I guess. It was the driver's side hub that was bad. I changed both sides and installed upgraded rotors and pads. 150K and she's running strong.

Bain64

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I forgot to reply to this... A year late never hurt, I guess. It was the driver's side hub that was bad. I changed both sides and installed upgraded rotors and pads. 150K and she's running strong.
Thanks for the follow up! Did you go Moog, Timken or Motorcraft?

OP
OP
J

Jeremy W

Reaction score
I swapped out for the Power Stop K4683 upgrade kit. I have been doing a little towing and wanted to put a better rotor and pad on it. Haven't been disappointed at all. Just gotta make sure you follow the break in procedures to the letter.