Vinyl ideas to "blackened" exterior?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nalvenin

Reaction score
Hello, i just bought a Blue 2020 Expy with black wheels. I would like to "blacken" some exterior chome and lower portions as in these pictures.. Can a body shop do that? Can i buy vinyl myself and do it? What have people done? I've seen a few on here that look great but no infor on how or wwhat they did..

upload_2020-11-9_16-38-40.png
upload_2020-11-9_16-37-42.png
upload_2020-11-9_16-38-10.png

PS: I'm in Florida South of Tampa if anyone can recommend a shop. Also, I no longer need the grill done. I ordered a Raptor style grill for it.

Thanks!

JC

Last edited:

Skmcclain

Reaction score
You can order 3m black vinyl off Amazon and do it all your self. Just get you a shard razor blade and alot of patience. There is plenty of YouTube videos that will help you learn how. I did the chrome trim under the windows on mine.
Also you can order black letters for the back from BDtrims on Amazon!

Last edited:
OP
OP
N

Nalvenin

Reaction score
You can order 3m black vinyl off Amazon and do it all your self. Just get you a shard razor blade and alot of patience. There is plenty of YouTube videos that will help you learn how. I did the chrome trim under the windows on mine.
Also you can order black letters for the back from BDtrims on Amazon!

Cool. do you have any pics of your work? How does it look? I was trying to find a raptor style grill also but they are all for F-150s! :(

Skmcclain

Reaction score
I did the front bottom on the bumper today . After I order more vinyl I'll do the back. And the chrome under the windows is all I have done. I want to do the grill but I'm not sure I have the patience!

20201117_153201.jpg

20201117_130145.jpg

20201117_153207.jpg

mcb345

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I’m tempted to do the front and rear bumpers to start. I have a white special edition, so black rims but not blacked out like the stealth. Seems like a no brainer to remove the pewter looking color bumper accents though.

OP
OP
N

Nalvenin

Reaction score

Michman7

Reaction score
Just purchased a black 2020 max. I’ve wanted to do the letters on the lift gate before I’ve even had possession of the truck. Hopefully getting tints done in the beginning of December along with those lettering but who knows with what is going on with the world these days.

Lou Hamilton

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Just purchased a black 2020 max. I’ve wanted to do the letters on the lift gate before I’ve even had possession of the truck. Hopefully getting tints done in the beginning of December along with those lettering but who knows with what is going on with the world these days.

You can buy the letters pre-cut off Amazon. I did red ones on mine.

Rear Lettering.jpg