Wagner Intercooler

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JasonH

Full Access Members
Reaction score
So with my 93 performance tune I saw IAT2 temps exceeding 140 degrees with ambient in the mid 90s and IAT1 around 105. The peak of summer hasn't hit yet here yet in the gulf coast region, so I decided to spring for an intercooler upgrade. I went with the Wagner because they specialize in this hardware and their part is supposed to be a drop-in preplacement. Here is a pic for those interested. I was going to post a size comparison but figured there was a better one available.

Attachments

• Wagner Intercooler.jpg
    Wagner Intercooler.jpg
    178.3 KB · Views: 3
OP
OP
JasonH

JasonH

Full Access Members
Reaction score
So before I begin tackling this install, all the F150 videos show access to the top mount through the area where the grill normally sits. It appears that the Expedition grill is attached using rivets. I don't want to purchase a rivet gun for grill reinstallation, as I anticipate this would be the only time it would ever see use. It is possible to install this thing without accessing the top of the intercooler?