wanting to upgrade suspension...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

buzzie0013

Full Access Members
Reaction score
So I own a 2013 Expy EL and would like to either go with the Bilstein adjustables or the Rancho QuickLift. What I've found is for up to a 2012. Ara the 2012's and 13's compatible?

CommO

Reaction score
Buzzie0013, did you ever upgrade? If so, to what? I have a 2014 EL and have the same question you posted here. Would like to go with Bilstein adjustables, but nothing listed for '14.

Sent from my VK815 using Tapatalk

Habbibie

Is it Christmas yet?
Reaction score
Have you tried visiting Bilstein website directly and entering your vehicle info in?

http://www.bilsteinus.com

They list all exact fitment shocks for the application, if they don't list anything then you can at-least eliminate them from your search

image.png
4X4 & 2WD yield same results

Rancho website doesn't seem to support 2013+ expeditions, it does however give options for 2012 and older so that also gives you an idea of where to go from here

image.png

Last edited:

CommO

Reaction score
Yes. That's how I knew nothing was listed for a 2014 on the Bilstein website. You show a listing on your post for a 2013. Now, I THINK the 2007-2014 are nearly identical with respect to suspension components, but I don't KNOW that. Hence, my question to Buzzie.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
B

buzzie0013

Full Access Members
Reaction score
CommO, no not yet. Im thinking of leveling it too, so I may just wait and do it all at once.

CommO

Reaction score
Thanks, buzzie0013. I'll post here if I take the plunge and try. It seems to me that it would be unlikely that a change in suspension would have been made between 2012 and 2014 and it would be nice to be able to use the adjustables.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk