Wanting your opinions on my idea for different forum layout.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GlennSullivan

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I would like to see 3rd Generation broken into 2 Groups 2007-2014 and 2015-2017. As an owner of both a 2011 and a 2017 Expedition, they are very different vehicles, especially with regard to engine and electronics as well as driving, handling and towing characteristics.

tommyddsr

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Where would Forscan info be listed? And would it be separated since 3rd gen is different and not much info is there.

Trainmaster

Old School Member
Reaction score
I like the forum as it is, but the changes proposed are minor so it wouldn't matter to me. I do think the suggested format may get you more search engine listings, so it may bring in more traffic. You may also get better web analytics to drive advertising.

probstct

Reaction score
I think your idea for the new layout is great!
Thanks for your work on maintaining this site.
As a new owner (June 2021) to a 2011 Expy Limited, it has helped me SO much already!

OP
OP
Shaggy

Shaggy

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I always just use the "New Posts" button and read everything that pops up, even if it doesn't apply to my vehicle.

Yep, I know alot of users dont even view the main forum and just hit the new post. Most of this idea is for a few reasons. One being that most new members to the forum dont know all the functions of the forum and they search by the main forum list. The other is I really like the look of the gen and sub forum layout. :p