Watch your Winches

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

98EXPY 5-0

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Recently, one of the guys at the gun club got a new jeep wrangler, lifted, bigger tires, push bar/ tube bumpers with a winch, light bar. He basically went all out when he first bought it. This past sunday, one of the other guys said to him "do you always take the rope off of your winch when you don't need it?" To which he replied, "why the hell would I do that?"

Then he saw it. His rope was gone. Apparently someone put the winch in neutral and stole his rope. I don't know winches, but he said its a $600 rope. Luckily, he thinks he knows who did it (crack-head neighbor). I just hope he doesn't go to jail trying to get it back.

So watch your winches.

robbieg

Full Access Members
Reaction score
It's probably in a metal recycling yard buy now. If his neighbor doesn't have it he should call the local yards to see if someone brought it in. Here the recyclers are required to get the personal information and a picture of the person because metel theft is so bad lately with the economy.

98EXeb

Full Access Members
Reaction score
All that money that dude used to trick out his jeep shouldve beed used to move out of that neighborhood instead. Seeing that he lives next to crackheads.....lol

Non the less that sucks!

Last edited:

panda24619

Full Access Members
Reaction score
$600. sounds like some super synthetic rope. problem is you cant take it to the recycler. ive seen winch locks too. you cant just put it in neutral.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
expresspedition