Water Coming from Behind the Door Panel and onto the Sill

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
ExpeditionAndy

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am guessing so...maybe a leaf or something go down there and plugged the hole. Thanks for the help.
Or it could be paper or something from inside the door. You know all of the labels they put on individual components, as they get wet or the adhesive fails they fall down into the bottom of the door. It can even be dirt that washes down from the window and finds its way into the bottom of the door.

Hiloc

Reaction score
I just had the same thing happen with my left rear door on mine but it could have happened to any of the doors. I found the two drains sandwiched between the bottom edge of the door and the weather strip. I pulled the weather strip down a little without removing it and rubbed my finger across the drains which are next to the attach points of the weather strip (about a 1/4”X1” slot) and water started pouring out. Hope that helps.

star-art

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My 2009 has been doing this for years. Water in the exact same spot. I have Weathertech mats and the water pools on there until it eventually evaporates, but in a downpour it gets so bad it soaks the carpet below. I could find no evidence of leaks coming from around the door. We get stink bugs here and they cram themselves into crevices to keep warm in Winter. I found several around my door weatherstrip and thought maybe that was the cause (creating a gap and allowing water in).

Today I FINALLY found out where the water is coming from! Well, sort of anyway. It's coming from the dash! I saw water dripping from the bottom of the dash to the left of the parking brake release! Still don't know if water is entering from the windshield, door weatherstrip, or somewhere like a cowl vent. When I pulled the dash in our 2005 Mercury Grand Marquis I discovered two hidden rubber plugs under the windshield and one of them had popped out, so who knows if there's something like that hidden under the dash in our trucks.

marlinpruett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
May have not been the right thing to do but....The rear doors on my 07 Exp El always collected water and I could find no drain holes so I drilled some, no more sloshing!
No problem with front doors.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
expresspedition