Water/meth

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WJD_xlt

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I see the 5Star tunes are popular here (I’m in the market for one) but am curious, has anyone ran a custom tune with water/meth?

being that I’m in California with piss water 91octane, I’ve begun looking into water/meth for additional safety. But curious if anyone here has first hand experience, and what they found to be the pros/cons?

thanks in advance

Grey ghost

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Nope I I have the 93 performance tune and an 89 performance tune in case I can't get good gas. I wonder if 91 is that much less.
How much power are you looking for? I'm right at 500 rwhp and it does pretty darn good. Beat a new 5.0 mustang the other day pretty handily.

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nope I I have the 93 performance tune and an 89 performance tune in case I can't get good gas. I wonder if 91 is that much less.
How much power are you looking for? I'm right at 500 rwhp and it does pretty darn good. Beat a new 5.0 mustang the other day pretty handily.

No you didn’t. That or the 5.0 didn’t know he was racing. You need a lot more than 500 rwhp to roll with the 2,000+ pound lighter car with 460-480 horsepower. I’ll just leave this here, the stock Mustang GT does 0-60 in 3.8 seconds...Not to mention there are E-85 tunes to put down over 500 horsepower at wheels, then it’s gap city with 2,000 less pounds to lug around. Power/Weight 101.

Last edited:
OP
OP
W

WJD_xlt

Full Access Members
Reaction score

Not really a power increase, but more for the safety margins (from what I’ve read)

AKentPhoto

Full Access Members
Reaction score
No you didn’t. That or the 5.0 didn’t know he was racing. You need a lot more than 500 rwhp to roll with the 2,000+ pound lighter car with 460-480 horsepower. I’ll just leave this here, the stock Mustang GT does 0-60 in 3.8 seconds...Not to mention there are E-85 tunes to put down over 500 horsepower at wheels, then it’s gap city with 2,000 less pounds to lug around. Power/Weight 101.

Who doesn't love commentary from the cheap seats?
Not totally disagreeing with you but I have seen way crazier things happen. Peak numbers and magazine times are far from the real world. How many people who own stock stangs could hit 60 in under 4sec on the street? I'm willing to bet less than 1%. Not only does it have to be 2018+ to get the 10spd, it would have to have Pilot Sport 4Ss (I'm guessing some performance pack), be on a drag strip with prepped surface with a burnout and get a perfect launch. Then maaaaaybe. But joe blow on the street? Apparently you give them WAY too much credit. AWD is the dream crusher on the street from a dig. Perfect launch EVERY time and with brake torquing (I'm assuming no launch control on these beasts?) we are already at full boost as the stang is pulling power trying to find traction.

AAOO

Full Access Members
Reaction score
This is what happened to the last guy who mixed up his water and meth.

giphy.gif

@16plati

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Who doesn't love commentary from the cheap seats?
Not totally disagreeing with you but I have seen way crazier things happen. Peak numbers and magazine times are far from the real world. How many people who own stock stangs could hit 60 in under 4sec on the street? I'm willing to bet less than 1%. Not only does it have to be 2018+ to get the 10spd, it would have to have Pilot Sport 4Ss (I'm guessing some performance pack), be on a drag strip with prepped surface with a burnout and get a perfect launch. Then maaaaaybe. But joe blow on the street? Apparently you give them WAY too much credit. AWD is the dream crusher on the street from a dig. Perfect launch EVERY time and with brake torquing (I'm assuming no launch control on these beasts?) we are already at full boost as the stang is pulling power trying to find traction.

Agreed. I have beat MANY on the street that in theory I should not be able to, because of sheer lack of skill and 2 extra drive wheels! Trust me, they were trying! From a roll, completely a different story.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I see the 5Star tunes are popular here (I’m in the market for one) but am curious, has anyone ran a custom tune with water/meth?

being that I’m in California with piss water 91octane, I’ve begun looking into water/meth for additional safety. But curious if anyone here has first hand experience, and what they found to be the pros/cons?

thanks in advance

Do you have Ethanol available? If you do, you are better off just running an E30 tune and not even messing with Meth.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

JasonH

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Tune for 89 and run 91. Meth requires more effort and if it ever fails, your engine might go kablooey.

Grey ghost

Full Access Members
Reaction score
You weren't there, a good driver vs some clown make a huge difference. 5 star has a video running thier expidition against a 5.0 and there's doesn't have the tow package ,mine does. Gearing helps.I used to run IHRA mountain motor pro stock, I know my way around cars.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Junker