Ways to add MPG in a $$$ Gas Price Economy!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Expedition Dave

Full Access Members
Reaction score
FWIW, I've written several long range mileage reports up and down the east coast before and after mods. Feel free to research under my name for the posts.

But recently, on the same stretch of road here (no traffic back and forth mileage, several miles testing with cruise on), I saw 29mpg average at 30 mph. Just figured I'd post it here anyway.

Last edited:

Beachums

Reaction score
Not completely incorrect. When trying to conserve fuel I drive like there's an egg under my foot. So far I'm getting over 21 mpg in stop and go. The lights drive me nuts though...I can see my mpg ticking down as I wait for the light to cycle. But it's more fun zipping around in my EV watching everyone else trying to conserve fuel.
I guess I'd have me some floor-mat omelet then.... my greatest weakness is not converting those dead-dinosaurs to obnoxious exhaust noise with some obnoxious driving.

And just to be clear, 4WD auto does burn more fuel. Whether or not one can properly perceive it, is definitely up for debate. But if we're talking maximum savings of fuel, 2Hi is better the 4WD Auto.