Ways to add MPG in a $$$ Gas Price Economy!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
DWs-TTEB

DWs-TTEB

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Thanks. Napa auto parts’ website insists this won’t fit the expedition so I’ll ask a mechanic here before trying the install. I e never done spark plugs before.
Well, websites told me that too, but been running them in my engine for 500 miles now & no issues. I followed the recommendations of others on this forum that I trust.

JasonH

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Not completely incorrect. When trying to conserve fuel I drive like there's an egg under my foot. So far I'm getting over 21 mpg in stop and go. The lights drive me nuts though...I can see my mpg ticking down as I wait for the light to cycle. But it's more fun zipping around in my EV watching everyone else trying to conserve fuel.

5280tunage

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Well, websites told me that too, but been running them in my engine for 500 miles now & no issues. I followed the recommendations of others on this forum that I trust.
Exact same for me! Super easy swap. Heck, so much faster than my previous vehicle with 16 plugs. Only thing that was annoying was the parts were pretty flimsy, felt like you could easily break the coil packs on top or bend the boot too much getting them in and out.

Boostedbus

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Lol! This reminds me of when I was 16 and was burning gas and tires in my 69 Fastback Mustang at such a high rate that I could barely afford beer! So I concocted a wood block behind my accelerator linkage at the carburetor which would only allow me to go half throttle at best. I still managed to get up to 100 mph on a straight away that we as kids used to drag race on. Needless to say it didn’t last long because I was starting to bend the linkage trying to still do burn outs. I wound up taking on another job at a full service gas station pumping gas at nights and Saturdays. I was able to run a tab and turn over my paycheck at the end of the week for my gas and tire bills. Back then there was no 401K plan…. Just Good Gulf 89 Leaded and G-60/14” Belted plan ….The good Ol days! Lol!

Last edited: