WDH Hitch Thoughts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dr0idattack

Reaction score
I pull a 27’ Retro 265BH, and last year I was using an Anderson WDH (no sway I think it’s called; with just chains instead of trunion bars.) I never seemed to get it tuned right. Big trucks and fast cars pushed me around slightly, and my setup couldn’t get beyond 60 mph without things feeling squirrelly.

Today I installed an Equal-i-zer (12k, e4) and took it for a test tow. Wow, what a difference! I easily got up to 70 with no white knuckle situations. I have one adjustment I want to make in order to get more weight on the front axle. But overall I have to give a recommendation to the Equal-i-zer over the Anderson.

Shutterbug57

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I pull a 27’ Retro 265BH, and last year I was using an Anderson WDH (no sway I think it’s called; with just chains instead of trunion bars.) I never seemed to get it tuned right. Big trucks and fast cars pushed me around slightly, and my setup couldn’t get beyond 60 mph without things feeling squirrelly.

Today I installed an Equal-i-zer (12k, e4) and took it for a test tow. Wow, what a difference! I easily got up to 70 with no white knuckle situations. I have one adjustment I want to make in order to get more weight on the front axle. But overall I have to give a recommendation to the Equal-i-zer over the Anderson.

Sounds great. Remember to check your trailer tires for their speed limit.

OP
OP
Dr0idattack

Dr0idattack

Reaction score
Great point.

I double-checked and my Karrier Loadstars are rated for 81. But I don’t want to go that fast. I’ll be happy with a little under 70. Plus I think I’ll check the heat of the tires on our afternoon trip today to see how they’re doing.

johnboneske

Full Access Members
Reaction score

I too have the E4 Equalizer and LOVE it!

CaptOchs

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I like my Reese dual cam. It's really good on a winding highway. You can feel it pull the rear of the camper into the curve. Watch some youtube videos.

HawkX66

Semper Fi!
Reaction score
I like my Reese dual cam. It's really good on a winding highway. You can feel it pull the rear of the camper into the curve. Watch some youtube videos.
Looks like a nice system. How is it backing up? Do you have to disconnect the sway control? Looks like it's a couple to a few hundred more than what I paid for my E2 10k once you buy the Reese WDH and then the dual cam sway control.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
othermrsikes