Weird issue with my oil filter

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

timberwoof

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Changed the oil in the Expy. I used the Fram Tough guard. Yes I know I've heard a lot of shit about using Fram, but I've never had any problems.

On to the issue. I went to Wally World and the book said it needed the TG8S. But when I took it off I looked at the diameter of the female thread and found the hole to be to small. Check with the local parts store and they told me the same same model would work. Come to find out, I needed the TG2 which has the bigger diameter threading. WTF?! It took me two hours to do a simple oil change. That pissed me off.

rburch

Full Access Members
Reaction score
If i remember correctly there are different size filters depending on if it has the oil cooler or not.

wildey475mag

Reaction score
not to take a dump in your cheerios but get rid of those junk filters, i wouldnt trust them for my lawnmower much less any of my vehicles. i have run into this same issue with the parts monkey at autozone once when i did an oil change on moms G6 gave me a filter that was way too small of threads for what she had even though he claimed it was the right one.......went over to advance got myself my usual purolator pure one filter and no issues

jacks3am

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Ide say keep it, its not the biggest deal, espicially since you have a top of the line fram. The oil filters I usually use are wicks. Maybe just use motorcraft, not too expensive and OE quality

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Stay with motorcraft for filter

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
r98exp1