Weird Power Window Issue. Hidden Relay?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dan O

Reaction score
Hi all,

On my 2006 Ford Expedition (Eddie Bauer) The passenger front window motor isn't getting power in the up direction. It works fine going down. I have changed the drivers front side and the passenger front side switch, so the switches aren't it. The motor is good and operates in both directions when I put negative or positive 12V to it. I have -12 V at the motor harness when the switch is pressed down, but I get an intermittent pulsing +12 V (flashes 12V for a fraction of a second, but consistently in rhythm) when I press the switch in the up direction. I only see one relay that has anything to do with windows in the fuse panel. If that was bad, then the other windows wouldn't work, right? They all work fine. Is there a set of relays or a control module somewhere else that is responsible for reversing the polarity of the current to the motor when the switch is pressed up instead of down? Any help would be most appreciated. If anyone has a wiring diagram for the power windows that would be a great help. Thanks!