Weird Problem w/ Radio Lights & Input Mode

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cv11

Reaction score
Hi,

I have an '07 and my battery went dead and I replaced it. Problem is that after replacing the battery the instrument panel lights on the radio no longer light up and when I scroll thru the menu options I no longer have the "Input" option and so I can't use the input jack for my mp3 player. I visually checked every fuse and they all look fine. Is there some computer reset or something?

Any help would be awesome, thanks.

walnuts4x4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i dont know if it will help but have you tried disconnecting you battery for a min or two then reconnecting battery... might reset radio to get everything to work... only idea I have since I only have 99 expy and never leave factory radios in.... lol

btravnc

Reaction score
CV11,

I had the same issue after I replaced my battery on my 2007 Expedition. Not only do the backlights on the radio no longer work but also the radio steering controls stop working too.

I brought it in to Ford and they said the radio would need to be replaced at a cost of over $ 700 since I was out of warranty.

I am hoping that someone else has a better solution.

OP
OP
C

cv11

Reaction score
Yep! I finally broke down and took it in last week and had the pleasure of forking out $170 to find out exactly what you just posted!

Stangrocka

Reaction score
I just changed the battery in my 2007 Expedition last night, same exact problems: no lights on radio, no steering wheel radio controls, no line in aux input, and radio shuts off when car is shut off- before it would stay on until a door was opened. what was the outcome or repair remedy? Thanks.

This is a big problem, i've seen these exact symptoms on multiple forums, who has the answer? ford doesnt.

Last edited:
OP
OP
C

cv11

Reaction score
(Bump)

I've never found a solution to this problem. has anybody else?

ssmorga

Reaction score
It would be nice if someone would have the magical answer. Mine was working fine, had dual factory headrest DVD players installed.....now no steering wheel controls, no aux input except for it being stuck on rsc aux which makes you plug into the rear controls and you only get audio through front speakers, and no delay on the audio either when turning the car off.......

tk1971

Reaction score
Heads up on this issue. This just happened to my 07. Instead of Line In, pushing the Aux button gets me 'RSC Aux' which stands for Rear Seat Control Aux input. I've read somewhere that the radio needs to be reprogrammed to it's original "factory" configuration.

Dealer wants $65 to diagnose (~1 hr labor) and up to 4 hrs of labor to fix (with the 1st hr credited with the diagnostic charge).

I "fixed" it by just plugging in the an RCA to 3.5mm audio cable to the rear inputs. routed the cable underneath the center console and to the general area where the front Line In jack is located.

Low tech, but it's working.