Weird transmission problem...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mat Kyne

Reaction score
I was driving my 2017 Expedition EL the other day to work. Got about 2 miles from the house and a orange wrench icon flashed on the display for a fraction of a second. The engine started idling rough and the accelerator and the transmission became unresponsive. Pulled over, car was slightly shaking from the rough idling. I tried manually shifting to other gears, but only reverse worked. So I tried to back down a street with a cul-de-sac so I could reverse my way home, but it turned out that reverse didn't work, I was just going down hill. With nothing else to try I turned off the car, waited a few seconds and started it back up. It started normally and everything seemed to work exactly like it should.

I didn't want to chance it so I took it to a nearby mechanic to have it checked out. While waiting for him to open, I used my ODBII scan tool and didn't see any fault codes. I dropped it off, explained what happened and he said it sounded like it might be the "Connector plate" (Part #: AL3Z7G276D). He kept it overnight and called me the next day to tell me he couldn't find anything wrong with it. He couldn't get it to happen again. He did pull some "deep" codes with his tool:

"SYNC C1001-01"
"PSCM U3003-16"
"RFA B10D7-05".

Been driving it around a little bit, but everything seems to be working normally. I have 190K on it and do a lot of towing, so I was planning to replace the tranny soon, but I'm not sure this was related to the transmission. Any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waleedalmadani