What and how do you keep it in your Expy?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fozzy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Big holiday weekend and tons of people are going on road trips, boating, camping or something fun in their Expys. Made me think what do you guys keep in your Expy and how do you keep it? I have a large and small 511 range master bags and a Yeti M30 cooler. The large one has a air compressor, gauge, cleaning supplies, hitch locks, pegs and straps for my awning. Right now it also has a couple spare belts for the SxS. Small one is a complete Trauma kit with a couple MRE’s, Clorox wipes, TP, flash light and glow sticks stuff like that. Then under the trunk lid I keep a spare change of clothes, Coveralls, jump box and blankets. The cooler always has water in it even if it’s not cold. What about you guys?
0773a2f9092b84fd5cabde8465e1c854.jpg
0ee41a7f0cf2ce822bc8b9d9a2aab727.jpg
f0c28adbeddb3a264b890ce823c214cc.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sanman28

Full Access Members
Reaction score
365xl and an 11.5” sbr. If i travel out of mo i swap sbr for braced ar. No tools or anything though other than what comes with expy. Plenty of luggage though, 3 kids, wife, and large doggy. Small first aid kit to stash.

Last edited:

utmeep

Reaction score
  • Glock 26 w/ spare Mags and holsters
  • Bug out bag with extra ammo, AIFAK
  • Another AIFAK just for the rig
  • Passenger seat mounted fire extinguisher
  • Random off-road recovery gear
  • A handful of ratchet straps and tie downs
  • Square spade
  • Chopping Axe
  • Straw hat
  • Blanket and pillow for the wifey

Artie

Full Access Members
Reaction score
365xl and an 11.5” sbr. If i travel out of mo i swap sbr for braced ar. No tools or anything though other than what comes with expy. Plenty of luggage though, 3 kids, wife, and large doggy. Small first aid kit to stash.
How are you mounting your SBR?

OP
OP
Fozzy

Fozzy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
  • Glock 26 w/ spare Mags and holsters
  • Bug out bag with extra ammo, AIFAK
  • Another AIFAK just for the rig
  • Passenger seat mounted fire extinguisher
  • Random off-road recovery gear
  • A handful of ratchet straps and tie downs
  • Square spade
  • Chopping Axe
  • Straw hat
  • Blanket and pillow for the wifey

Where and how do you keep it? Good list. I always have an EDC bag with the firearms and I try not to leave any in the vehicle. I’m looking for better storage options, containers or ideas. Did you use the bracketeer mount for the fire Extinguishers?

utmeep

Reaction score
Where and how do you keep it? Good list. I always have an EDC bag with the firearms and I try not to leave any in the vehicle. I’m looking for better storage options, containers or ideas. Did you use the bracketeer mount for the fire Extinguishers

G26 I carry in a small pelican case that I take in and out every morning/night.

Bug out bag and AIFAK are tossed in the back.

Recovery gear, spade, and Axe are on the roof rack.

And here's the fire extinguisher with the bracketeer. It does prevent you from moving the seat forward. So far passengers haven't been bothered by it.
58AF11C7-B86B-48B4-9783-12F5C3F2A59A.jpeg

OP
OP
Fozzy

Fozzy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Nice, I have been thinking of putting a fire extinguisher on my roof rack. Yes someone can steal it, but there’s a lot more expensive items on my roof.

AKentPhoto

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Nice, I have been thinking of putting a fire extinguisher on my roof rack.

Just check those the operating temps...

@Fozzy is definitely someone who has spent some time car camping. :cheers: Great thread idea. All I have so far is a tool box and a soft cooler for groceries.

Last edited: