What are good/bright headlight bulbs?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ELVATO

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Does he have that ricer ass blue HIDs? I bet he'd see more if he went with 4300k...

I have no problem seeing in the rain (and they cut fine through the fog) with mine.

ScottyDsntKnow

Full Access Members
Reaction score
He has 4000k blue HIDs I believe. If i ever do them I'm going with ultra white and I still don't understand how he can't see when it rains if he can see way better when it isn't raining as he claims he can.

I have a 2nd gen and I really want to see how much work it would be to modify 2nd Gen OEM HID headlights to fit in an Expo. I'm assuming Navis used a slightly different headlight shape correct?

ELVATO

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yea, I think they're shorter and "wider.

I'd just go with something like an FX-R or a TL, unless you can get a really good deal on used Navi projectors. Those are pretty good bi-xenon projectors that should be better than the Navi ones.

As far as your friend, if they are in any way blue, the aren't 4300Ks. Hints of blue start at 6000K with really blue being 8000K and 10000K. Depending on the seller, 12000K/30000K can be either very blue or pink. 3000K are yellow.

These are what mine look like. Hopefully the forum resizes correctly:
IMG_0078.jpg

You can tell mine are plug and play from the hot spots in the center of the road. I don't mind them, and they work pretty well in rain or fog, but I do want to retrofit. Someone gave me a set of E55s, but I haven't had time to finish the retrofit. I might just break down and buy FX-Rs, since they should be a lot easier to retrofit.

smoke0480

Reaction score
i have the silverstars in my cummins they are pretty bright IMO.:waytogo:

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
You can't beat projectors! :D

I love HIDs, loved them in my stock lights, but - not best for other drivers. Projectors definitely are worth the $$.

Photo%20Mar%2026,%209%2006%2000%20PM.jpg

Best part? When you are in there poppin' in a projector, might as well have some fun with the lights. Paint 'em up! :D

IMG_1512.jpg

IMG_0336.JPG

GrillTactical02.jpg

NewbieVet

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Just put some Hella Xenon 9005s and 9006s in my truck tonight. They look pretty damn bright to me and cheap(er) than a lot of the other options :pepper:

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    106.6 KB · Views: 1,854

brilis

Full Access Members
Reaction score
For Elvato

Hey Elvato,

Which plug and play headlights are you running with? I have a 98 Expy EB and I am just looking for some nice lights to pop in with no other mods. Your picture of the lights looks awesome. Thanks.

megawatt00

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Might be a little to late but you can make up a harness that powers the lights directly from the battery. I did this on my Dually and the difference was very noticeable. I have made a few up for others and they were very happy with them too,

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jmdunham2