What are you towing?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2007Limited

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I'm sure this topic has been brought up before, but after reading a post on a fishing forum regarding how different trucks tow, I was curious to see on this forum "Hopefully shouldn't get the brand bashing"

I'm pulling a 21' Storm bass boat with my 07 and I can't tell the boat is behind my Expo. Which is a big difference from my 95 F150 with a 302.

What are you all pulling and how does your truck do towing it?

BIG GREEN FORD

Full Access Members
Reaction score
your in florida with FLAT land and roads...bridges are leveled...lol

Are bridges are not leveled sir and boat ramps are steep . one more thing I tow my buggy as well and through the mud with the trailer and it on it with no problem. I do have the big motor and tranny and gears so im fine going anywhere I need. 75 mph on the high way with my buggy on the back is fine with me

Bedrck47

Full Access Members
Reaction score
For the most part the roads and bridges in FLA are flat with few exceptions. And I do agree that boat ramps can be steep. Although most people that tow don't use boat ramps. Yet in all my years of driving and towing I have noticed that there are many out there that think they can tow anything and any weight and go any speed. Those are the same people that think they are safe when in fact they are speeding and overweight. Although the 5.4 may be considered a BIG MOTOR I would rather have something on the lines of a 454 or 460 with minimum gears of 3.73 or 4.10
There a way too many unsafe drivers out there that not only push the limits but exceed them.

The 55 MPH maximum speed limit is still in effect in Florida except where otherwise posted. *Speed limits are 70 MPH on some rural interstate highways.

So IMHO anyone towing a RV or Boat or any trailer with a SUV going 75 MPH is over the speed limit and is operating in a unsafe manner.

BIG GREEN FORD

Full Access Members
Reaction score
For the most part the roads and bridges in FLA are flat with few exceptions. And I do agree that boat ramps can be steep. Although most people that tow don't use boat ramps. Yet in all my years of driving and towing I have noticed that there are many out there that think they can tow anything and any weight and go any speed. Those are the same people that think they are safe when in fact they are speeding and overweight. Although the 5.4 may be considered a BIG MOTOR I would rather have something on the lines of a 454 or 460 with minimum gears of 3.73 or 4.10
There a way too many unsafe drivers out there that not only push the limits but exceed them.

The 55 MPH maximum speed limit is still in effect in Florida except where otherwise posted. *Speed limits are 70 MPH on some rural interstate highways.

So IMHO anyone towing a RV or Boat or any trailer with a SUV going 75 MPH is over the speed limit and is operating in a unsafe manner.

I-95 is 65mph - 75mph I'm giving my opinion and saying that these beast can pull whatever you want I never pulled something over 9000 pounds with my expy and I'm not going to. If you know your limits you will be fine! :cheers:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hsquared360