What brand/specs of a trailer hitch do you have?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wayne Decker

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My wife's Pilot hitch rattles like mad with a very low tongue weight on her drift boat trailer. I use one of those anti-rattle devices on it and it works well.

My bike rake doesn't use a hitch pin, but it has a captive nut on the stinger and you use a bolt through the receiver. Works great, you just need a wrench.

My kayak trailer is so light it doesn't matter and the Airstream has enough of a tongue weight that it doesn't rattle..

Reaction score
Okay, first I had a 2018 XLT Expedition Max and now have a 2020 XLT Expedition Max. I have used my pintle hitch on both to tow a 1968 Vietnam era military trailer back and forth between D.C. and Atlanta.

Gas mileage sucks - 10-11 MPG - then I replaced the military axle and wheels w/commercial - now 12-14 MPG. Trailer does NOT have brakes, an M101-A1 (about 1000 lbs empty now down from 1500 lbs).

No problems other than the cost of gas.

I LOVE my 2020 Expedition XLT MAX, just wish it had the push-button tailgate opening.

pittsy

Reaction score
I have a Tow Smart from Home Depot with a 2 5/16 ball on it. My boat is close to 9,000 full of fuel and I have the XLT, doesn't seem to sag too much considering the weight. First time towing with it and it does a lot better job than the Tahoe I had.

IMG_2389.JPG

wakeboarder

Full Access Members
Reaction score
When I need a new one, I will go with a B&W hitch. I know a lot of people who have them and like them. The owner is very supportive of my hometown.

Tys expedition

Reaction score
I just got a rhino hitch. They’re really pricey but also really nice. Let’s me have full adjustability up down without having to unhook. Makes getting the prop guard up high enough to back over the curb into my yard easier50191C77-6996-49D0-8C69-3AEDB6915D50.jpeg . And then I can level the trailer to tow without unhooking. https://rhinohitch.com/

Last edited:

Fozzy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I just got a rhino hitch. They’re really pricey but also really nice. Let’s me have full adjustability up down without having to unhook. Makes getting the prop guard up high enough to back over the curb into my yard easier. And then I can level the trailer to tow without unhooking. https://rhinohitch.com/

Those are nice, they are made local here in Utah. Does it fight tight in the receiver?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk