What coolfeature have you discovered recently?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mharwardt

Reaction score
We found out the hard way about the key fob reset under the cup holder. We have a 2019 Expedition and 2017 F250. Expedition was at Rite Aid, door wouldn't unlock, finally did, then wouldn't start, said key not detected. Called husband, he came with F250. Finally got Expedition started and then F250 wouldn't start, same thing, key not detected, couldn't get it started, called AAA. While waiting googled it and saw that you could reset key fob by placing it in certain cupholder (after taking out top part of cupholder). Did that and it started right up. Neither battery was dead, something at that Rite Aid was interfering with signal. Employee at Rite Aid said we weren't first to tell him that their vehicle did that in their parking lot. We never park at the front of the store now, park on side, hasn't happened again. Weird.

OP
OP
armoredsaint

armoredsaint

Full Access Members
Reaction score
^^^^
I had that issue at a Home Depot with my BMW, doors wouldn’t lock or unlock and start about 1/2 the time and my radio station would get heavy static.

Deadman

Full Access Members
Reaction score
We found out the hard way about the key fob reset under the cup holder. We have a 2019 Expedition and 2017 F250. Expedition was at Rite Aid, door wouldn't unlock, finally did, then wouldn't start, said key not detected. Called husband, he came with F250. Finally got Expedition started and then F250 wouldn't start, same thing, key not detected, couldn't get it started, called AAA. While waiting googled it and saw that you could reset key fob by placing it in certain cupholder (after taking out top part of cupholder). Did that and it started right up. Neither battery was dead, something at that Rite Aid was interfering with signal. Employee at Rite Aid said we weren't first to tell him that their vehicle did that in their parking lot. We never park at the front of the store now, park on side, hasn't happened again. Weird.

Another reason I want my "KEY" back......

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
When in compass mode on driver’s cluster, the turn by turn instructions will be displayed between the speedo and tach when you are using the nav system. Not as great as the map showing up there but pretty cool nonetheless.

Take this one up further, if your using the nav and turn the screen off, the directions will show up on top of the main screen while still being blacked out.

Wayne Decker

Full Access Members
Reaction score

This is exactly why I go to CVS.

StealthyBulldog

Full Access Members
Reaction score

Deadman

Full Access Members
Reaction score

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member