What did you do to the expy today

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mikes05expy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Put $85.50 in her tank and rolled out to run errands with the fam

Sent from my Bag Phone using Tapatalk

toms89

technical advisor
Reaction score
I had 2 larger additional cats installed. I now have 4... :eek:

2 of the bullet style high flow cats and 2 standard larger cats designed for a bit larger displacement motors.

I am due for emissions testing. Though my pcu never set any cel's with the high flows and rear o2's turned on, I was concerned with passing a visual test. Given the volume level my 3" exhaust makes I was certain there was a high possiblity they would check for cats and the high flows hardly resemble cats from the outside.

I also had 1/4 wave resonators installed while I was there.

It seemed noticably quieter but still has a deep rumble. The effect on performance remains to be seen. Boost numbers should reveal any increase in back pressure.

Last edited:

rex450se

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Dropped her off at the shop to get new COP's and plugs. Get her back tomorrow afternoon.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

toms89

technical advisor
Reaction score
Definitely quieter because the blower whine has become more noticeable @ low throttle positions.

When I get a chance will go through emissions. :uhoh2:

bcmaxx

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Plugs . Cops. Oil change. Upgraded all 194 s to led. Upgraded rev lamps to cree led. Replaced all dome lamps with led.

toms89

technical advisor
Reaction score
Took the expy through emissions today for the 1st time since my lightning conversion.

Passed with zero issues !!

:big_banana_Dance:

Last edited: