What did you do to the expy today

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

northernexp

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have been having a nightmare of a time with the digital compass/temp display in my expedition, I soldered it with the instructions on YouTube and it fixed the problem for a bit but it eventually stopped again for good. Got another one at the junk yard and soldered it, same thing worked for acpl months but it died also... Finally on my 3rd unit and I HAD2 resistors made up to replace the faulty 510 chips that go bad in these things.

Now it works nicely...
e2ydy4yr.jpg
edanaqyz.jpg

Last edited:

standardmoose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
had 2 new front tyres put on. i knew they needed replacing but didnt realise how bad they were, just before going to pirelli i could see the thread (not tread lol) showing through the rubber :s .
anyways got the tyres change about $350 for the new tyres (stock pirellis) fitment, balancing and alignment.
harry now seems to glide along the road :)

DetroitDarin

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Today I received my engo 10000lbs winch, snatch block, and tree saver!

attachment.php

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 272

sgtowing

Supporting Members
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What is a snatch block?

It's a pulley you attach to something to change the direction of a cable used in inching. We use them all the time in the towing industry. It can also be used to multiply force on a winch line. They are also used in cranes for that purpose.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

FireRed5.4

Reaction score
Front brakes were making a strange vibration/humming sound when coming to a stop and the driver’s side front brake was dragging/not completely releasing. Removed the calipers and pads, cleaned out the hunting season mud and sand (don’t forget the rubber bolt sliders), cycled the cylinders a couple of times, wire brushed, high temp lubed all contact points, quick one man bleed on the fronts. Re-assembled the unit, feels and sounds like new!

99exbyut

Reaction score
got new Michelin x radial lt2 tires for under 650 was a deal that I couldn't pass up.

JRFam05

Reaction score
Changed COP #8

After staring at my check engine light for two weeks, I finally changed my COP on #8 cylinder today. Unhooked the battery to reset the computer, cleaned the post and terminals put it all back together...no more engine light. Saved some $$. Thanks to the folks on this forum who have done it and shared the how to.

JRFam05

Reaction score
Suggest you spend a little time on youtube. I had the same questions about a week ago. I learned a lot about winching and using the snatch block. just so happened the following weekend I was doing some trail riding and came upon a guy that needed assistance. I put that youtube training to good use and helped out a fellow trail rider.