What FREON do I use for 98 Expedition?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SEAN_VANCE

Reaction score
Hello I need freon in my car but dont know which type to use in a 98....is the 98 suppossed to use the old freon (R12) or is it able to use the new freon (forget the name)

Any help greatly apprecuiated!

mustangrfast88

Full Access Members
Reaction score
it should be the r134a freon i want to say 96 was the year that the r12 was changed out in all the cars built new. the easy way to tell is look for the round silver dryer and look at the black cap and if it a quick discount it is r134a and if it is a screw on it is r12 but i am sure that it is r134a

green03

Full Access Members
Reaction score
and you might want to check out the auto parts stores for the cans with a built in hose/guage (if you don't have gauges) and with the coolboost (or whatever they are calling it now) additive. I added the cooling booster to mine and it cools down much faster. The stuff was developed by nasa a while back and allows the 134a to work almost as good as the old R12 stuff.
Matt