What happens in March??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Shawn Pepera

Reaction score
So we are trying to buy a 2019 Expedition Max. Today is February 19th. We went in legit to sign on the dotted line when the dealership realized that there was a fleet discount ($3371) added that we didn't qualify for. Needless to say we walked. Does anyone know what happens in March? Do the rebates go UP? They are 9K now and thinking that we are upset... we should wait to see what happens in Q2. The dealer said that they wouldn’t bring it in (its at another location) until it was signed for because they lose money if it sits until March (Quarter 2)....so I just don’t get it.

Thanks.

Noitidepxe

Reaction score
I question that the dealership made a mistake. They may have put the invalid discount on to get you to the table assuming at that point you'd just sign in spite of the higher price. You did the smart thing walking. Maybe you should keep walking to a different dealership.

Flexpedition

Full Access Members
Reaction score
While always "subject to change at any moment without notice", the current rebates I'm seeing are effective early Jan or early Feb thru March 31. So it appears little to nothing changes in the month of March. I used a few different ZIP codes realizing there are sometimes regional offers. Edmunds does a good job of keeping current offers organized.

I'm not seeing $9K in rebates, so suspect its the typical dealership combining all of his discounts and applying all applicable rebates, many of which might not apply to you. Unless of course you are an active military member moonlighting as a first responder who just graduated college. Who also happens to be a member of the American Quarterhorse Assoc and are trading a damn near new Ford anyway. You know, most of the population...

OP
OP
S

Shawn Pepera

Reaction score
Thanks for the info!! I really appreciate it! The 9K may be something around here then. I did walk and am forgetting that vehicle. Hubby HATES white but I wanted an 8 seater... so Im eyeing up a magnetic 7 seater and calling it a day. Found a dealership that REALLY wants to move the '19's. They have several.

ManUpOrShutUp

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I question that the dealership made a mistake. They may have put the invalid discount on to get you to the table assuming at that point you'd just sign in spite of the higher price. You did the smart thing walking. Maybe you should keep walking to a different dealership.

+1. When I bought my truck I told the salesman: "I'll give you $x + tax. $x includes the CPO fee, all other fees, etc. Bank check, today. Not a penny more." Ultimately, the stealership agreed, but when the finance manager came to do all the paperwork there was nothing in there about the CPO and there were about $700 in fees tacked on to my all-inclusive offer. We debated about the fees and that discussion resulted in him tearing up the paperwork and starting cover. He came back again and this time was even more in a hurry to get me to sign. Wait, the CPO still isn't on there. He assured me "we know about the CPO" and kept trying to shove the pen at me. I told him I wasn't signing until it was written on the contract. This went back and forth for a few minutes, before he again, relented and wrote it on the contract. I have zero doubt that all of this was intentional on their part.

anionka

Reaction score
If Ford created UV-C Light Up Germ Eliminator that can prevent diseases from spreading in cars earlier, there will be a panic that could be sold out of your stocks.

ManUpOrShutUp

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Wonder how this panned out....

Bet the dealers are dealing now!

They were all forced to close here. The speculation is that non-essential businesses may remain closed anywhere from 3-9 months, so they'll really be starved for cash by then.

Plati

Reaction score
They were all forced to close here. The speculation is that non-essential businesses may remain closed anywhere from 3-9 months, so they'll really be starved for cash by then.
Its a fact of life. We Americans are inventive and adaptable. We will create new ways to do business and forge the road ahead. Transportation is a fundamental business essential to life in America. Wait and see the creative solutions that are implemented.

Example: I'm having tires changed tomorrow at Goodyear. I will not even go inside. Have made arrangements to drive up and park Expy with keys in it and tires in the back. They do the work and I call with a credit card number and then drive home. Badda Bing Badda Boom!
Gotta keep people employed and the wheels of commerce rolling while still keeping everyone safe. My Expy will have no Virus in it and will be disinfected before dropping it off and picking it up. My friends and I are are getting food from favorite local restaurants on a pick up basis at least once a week. Do what you can.

Last edited: