What Have You Done to Your 4th Gen This Week?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mr Big

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I changed out my backup bulbs to LED. I used LASFIT 3157 LED Bulb Reverse Lights. Cost me $22.00. Super bright, lights up the back for safer backing up.

gtr09

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
New to me 2019 Expedition XLT

Chrome delete + Gloss black side mirrors and door handles
White Expedition emblem on the tailgate
All new speakers plus 18 inch subwoofer and amp

@rayayayayayayayay Nice work!

Did you wrap the mirrors with vinyl, if so were you able to get it done in one piece?
How did you get the letters white on the back?
Where did you install the new amp, got any pics?
Thanks!

Reaction score

Did you wrap the mirrors with vinyl, if so were you able to get it done in one piece?
Thanks!
I had the mirrors wrapped with vinyl and they used two pieces. It didn’t turn out very well, though. I’m having them, along with the other parts that I had wrapped painted in Absolute Black like the front and rear bumpers. The shop is discounting what I paid for the vinyl so it’s not so bad.

I got the white letters on Etsy. Here’s the link:

The amp is installed in the storage compartment below the trunk that normally houses the jack. We moved the jack to the other side.
The sound processor sits behind the head unit.

Thanks!
Thanks! The mirrors with wrapped with vinyl but they didn’t turn out as well as I expected so I’m removing the vinyl and having them painted Absolute Black by the shop.

Attachments

• IMG_2026.jpeg
    IMG_2026.jpeg
    156.6 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_2044.jpeg
    IMG_2044.jpeg
    140.7 KB · Views: 51

gtr09

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I got the white letters on Etsy. Here’s the link:
Thanks for those pics and the link! Letters ordered, and I'm heartened to see that a single amp big enough to power everything fits in that spot and that there is lots of space behind the dash. I wasn't sure and I didn't want to give up both spaces in the floor.

gtr09

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bought some 2022 18" FX4 takeoffs on Ebay for 620 all in - they were brand new and came with TPMS, which was nice. Took them to Costco and had them install my winter tires BLIZZAK DM-V2 P275/65R18 114R. Still need to do a cut off on the rear so the center caps fit, but other than that pretty happy thus far.

Attachments

• PXL_20231213_173405956.jpg
    PXL_20231213_173405956.jpg
    131.2 KB · Views: 18

Texas

Reaction score
Started the chrome delete and badge blackout today…It’s been difficult to find time where my wife isn’t driving it. Will post more photos when completed.
I realize this is a super old post, but did you just plastidip your fender KR emblems? I was thinking about taking mine off, but I fear there may be guide holes underneath. I haaaate the look of these bulky fender emblems!

Texas

Reaction score
This week: replaced my PCV Valve due to diagnostic code P04DB. Light went off and has remained off. Really appreciate the fine folks at O’Reilly’s for letting customers use their scanners and overnighting a $8 part for me!

x5TA1NERx

Reaction score
Both front hub assemblies (I still hear grinding though so gotta get that figured out), rear blower motor along with fixing the ducting that came apart and brand new Michelin tires.