What Have You Done to Your 4th Gen This Week?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

winksskazam

Reaction score
After having my DIY spray painted emblems on the front grille for 6 months and subjecting them to the Texas Highways (always under construction) they haven’t held up as great as I had hoped. So I replaced them with the OEM ‘23 Timberline Black and Chrome Emblems. I am happy with how they look as the colors I originally chose with my DIY emblems didn’t quite match what I had imagined. Note: it’s difficult to see the difference between the Stock Blue Oval vs. the Timberline Black emblems but in person they are completely different and look 100% better.

Attachments

• IMG_7418.jpeg
    IMG_7418.jpeg
    163.8 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_7419.jpeg
    IMG_7419.jpeg
    108.2 KB · Views: 38

apex96

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Over the past week I’ve installed NAPA adaptive one vented and slotted front rotors, vented rear rotors and pads all around. Installed Bilstien 5100 shocks on the middle slot all around. Had Method 704s in 17” diameter +25mm offset, wrapped in Cooper A/T3 XLTs in 285/70r17 all around and for the spare installed.
IMG_9929.jpegIMG_9928.jpegIMG_9927.jpeg

gtr09

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Finally got busy on mine the last few weeks. Installed or "installed" the following:

Weathertech mudflaps front and rear
Bulletpoint phone mount
Dometic CX25 fridge
Console organizer
Trunk organizer
B&W tow and stow drop hitch
Snatch strap + shackles recovery kit
12v Air compressor

NGK Ruthenium plugs @ .028 gap
CVFab Titan Intercooler (Black)
GofastBits Blow off valve
S&B Cold air intake
J&L catch can
SPD 180 thermostat
ValvoMax oil drain plug

Currently logging revs for a ZFG custom tune with the HP Tuners RTD+. It's a neat little tool and makes the whole process smooth. ZFG is turning around tunes so fast, like a day and no less - very professional! Unfortunately, so far I'm unable to communicate with them. While they respond to my uploads they've ignored every email and text I've sent. Not sure how to actually communicate with them. This last time I left a message in the notes of my log uploaded notification, we'll see.

I didn't get a chance to dyno the car yet, but after the tune is done I'll go dyno it and also the stock tune to see what we get here.

litaz1

Reaction score
After having my DIY spray painted emblems on the front grille for 6 months and subjecting them to the Texas Highways (always under construction) they haven’t held up as great as I had hoped. So I replaced them with the OEM ‘23 Timberline Black and Chrome Emblems. I am happy with how they look as the colors I originally chose with my DIY emblems didn’t quite match what I had imagined. Note: it’s difficult to see the difference between the Stock Blue Oval vs. the Timberline Black emblems but in person they are completely different and look 100% better.
@winksskazam How did you buy these emblems? I’ve been looking to buy these!

Last edited:

zak99b5

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Changed out the atf with my son today. Took a bit longer than anticipated, but that’s ok.

Truck has 71k on it, and not all shifts were great. A lag going into 8th like all the time. Some hard engagement of D or R, and also sometimes a delay when switching between D and R.

Wasn’t too messy, but getting the level correct required a lot more back-n-forth than we thought.

I pumped about 2.5 qts out before we dropped the pan. Still spilled some, but not too much. Figured we got 5.5, maybe a little more out of it. Fluid was pretty damn dark.

Rather than hand-pumping all that in, I ran a hose down to the fill port from the engine bay and poured in 5.5 qts.

In the end, it took 7 QTs to get it up to a decent level. Tranny was at about 130* by the time we were close, and we were about 1/3 of the way into the space between 6 and 5. It may be a little overfilled, but I guess we will see.

But it seems pretty clear that it was underfilled before. On the test drive it shifted fine, and the 1-second long hesitation before 8th engages is now just a little blip.

Left Coast Geek

Full Access Members
Reaction score
What I did with my gen4 Expedition this week? I bought it night before last, and drove it home!

past that its been reading the owners manual and checking things out. flash updating the sync3, doing a master reset and reprogramming stuff, etc.

PXL_20230830_190242362-X4.jpg
2019 Expedition 4x4 Limited Stealth

Reaction score
New to me 2019 Expedition XLT

Painted front grill black and body color
Chrome delete + Gloss black side mirrors and door handles
White Expedition emblem on the tailgate
Stealth Expedition lettering on hood
Removed XLT emblem on tailgate
Powdercoat 20” stock wheels in gloss black
New Pirelli Scorpion WeatherActive tires
Caliper covers in Electric Blue (the color of my first car, a MINI Cooper S)
Weathertech mudflaps
Weathertech scratch protection
Tuxmats on all three rows
Half safe for center console
All new speakers plus 18 inch subwoofer and amp
Catalytic converter shield
LEDs for all exterior lights
Tints all around
Medium tint on headlights (which have since been removed —dimmed the lights more than I expected)

Next on the list:

Painted Ford emblems front and rear
Rear view mirror camera
Custom black paint on taillights
Black out headlights and demon eyes
Touch-up paint on bumpers

Love the car and love that I’m making it everything I’ve wanted!IMG_2117.jpegIMG_2124.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_2119.jpeg
    IMG_2119.jpeg
    182.3 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_2123.jpeg
    IMG_2123.jpeg
    204.7 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_0701.jpeg
    IMG_0701.jpeg
    182.2 KB · Views: 33
Last edited: