What Have You Done to Your 4th Gen This Week?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jace

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Well technically I haven't done it yet as it'll be about 2 weeks before my Expedition will be ready for pickup, but I did just finish up ordering an Autostop Eliminator. There isn't a single traffic light where I live, so the feature is more annoying than helpful.

I'm pretty excited!

rscpa

Reaction score
Picked up vehicle two weeks ago. Put 3M crystalline on all windows plus 10% tint on front. Makes a huge difference in heat/sun block in west Texas. Waxed, installed Auto eliminator, put trailer hitch on and removed dealer license plate holder.

Breaker

Reaction score
Took delivery of mine a couple days ago. So far I have:

-Installed the WeatherTech cargo mat
-Installed the WeatherTech dog Guard (super flimsy and probably going to get broken by my dogs, really need Travall to work their magic with our cars)
-Hardwired my Uniden R7 radar detector
-Loaded my 5 Star Tuning tune
-Added a mini-fridge

I’m coming from a Range Rover. I really, really miss the soft close doors and the refrigerator in the center console for baby formula, but other than that I’m loving this rig! I can modify the mini-fridge I purchased, and it should fit inside the center console. In the meantime, it’ll hang out by the car seat.

After driving my Gen II Raptor stock then seeing the difference tuning makes in throttle response and shifts, I knew I had to do the same for the Expedition.

Going to black out all the chrome over the next few weeks. Unsure what I’ll do with the wheels. Thinking of going with a dark bronze.

Got mine tuned out. Just saying this as an option to anyone that comes across this post/thread.

What percent did you go with in the front? I’m thinking somewhere around 15-20%.

I was checking out that tune. How good are the MPG gains? I also notice that in performance mode, you almost gain 100hp, that's insane! Did they take off the auto off/on feature?

x96535

Reaction score
I was checking out that tune. How good are the MPG gains? I also notice that in performance mode, you almost gain 100hp, that's insane! Did they take off the auto off/on feature?

TBH, I don’t ever look at my MPG. I just drive the car the way I enjoy driving it. I’m sure on the 87 daily tune, you’ll end up saving quite a bit of money, since you get more power than the stock tune but pay less at the pump. I’m not sure if there’s much associated improvement in MPG’s though.

I drive around most of the time on the 91 Daily tune, which is a substantial improvement over stock in terms of torque, throttle input and shifts.

I had them disable the auto off/on feature. Can’t stand that.

If you’re at all thinking about it, I’d say you definitely need to make the jump and get it tuned. I modify all my vehicles, and on an OEM boosted setup, it’s a no brainer. Plenty of gains and smiles to be had.

Last edited:

Breaker

Reaction score
Funny thing about it, we bought the Expy for my wife. She is happy with it the way it is, but here I am over here saying, babe, I can make it better! lol For the most part, we take it everywhere on the weekend, so I get to enjoy it then. It sure is way different than my 08 F150 with the 4.6l, I'll say that. My truck acts like the family hauler with the horrible acceleration and low power.

16plati

Full Access Members
Reaction score
TBH, I don’t ever look at my MPG. I just drive the car the way I enjoy driving it. I’m sure on the 87 daily tune, you’ll end up saving quite a bit of money, since you get more power than the stock tune but pass less at the pump. I’m not sure if there’s much associated improvement in MPG’s though.

I drive around most of the time on the 91 Daily tune, which is a substantial improvement over stock in terms of torque, throttle input and shifts.

I had them disable the auto off/on feature. Can’t stand that.

If you’re at all thinking about it, I’d say you definitely need to make the jump and get it tuned. I modify all my vehicles, and on an OEM boosted setup, it’s a no brainer. Plenty of gains and smiles to be had.
You won’t see much if any mpg gains especially with perf only tunes in higher octane. The truck is completely different animal, even with a lower octane tune like 91 like you said. @Breaker i would head over to 5 stars page and look at their graphs. Very impressive gains on the 10 speeds. Ive got the 93 perf only tune and 93 perf tow on my 16 and I’m guessing easily 100 hp over stock. I keep wanting to try e30 but too many ppl seem to be having issues with injectors, torque limits, and traction control issues

Davew72

Reaction score
No, it is the inserts that go on the tail gate where the EXPEDITION name is. These seemed decently reasonable at about $20. CDN off Amazon.

Do you have the link ? Ive been looking for the tailgate inserts in black for "EXPEDITION".