What Have You Done to Your 4th Gen This Week?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fishrising

Reaction score
Got to work on blacking out all the chrome trim.

Maybe I missed it somewhere along the way, but how did you go about blacking out the chrome? Plastidip? Wrap? Paint? Just curious, as I like the look and am contemplating doing it as well...

Last edited:

WJD_xlt

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Maybe I missed it somewhere along the way, but how did you go about blacking out the chrome? Plastidip? Wrap? Paint? Just curious, as I like the look and am contemplating doing it as well...

I did plasticdip. Out of habit, I use a pressure washer and foam cannon when I wash my cars, and I blew off all the plasticdip LOL

So I’m going to do it again, but use SEM black trim paint.

Grey ghost

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Installed a 180 degree thermostat and had 5 star update the tune. Those guys are the greatest . A few degrees cooler and a couple more horsepower.been a long time since I've enjoyed a vehicle so much.totally amazing what right at 500 horses can do to make a tank fun to drive.

16plati

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Installed a 180 degree thermostat and had 5 star update the tune. Those guys are the greatest . A few degrees cooler and a couple more horsepower.been a long time since I've enjoyed a vehicle so much.totally amazing what right at 500 horses can do to make a tank fun to drive.
You been dynoed?

Rick Gilson

Reaction score
Need help with what I have done. First post. Added S&B CAI and 5star tune to my new '19 Expedition platinum. Had CEL after CAI and was told by 5star that it should resolve after loading tune- -but it didn't. Now I also have P0022 (camshaft position over-retarded) in addition to P0113(IA Temp Sensor circuit high). Truck runs ok. Has anyone had this problem and or know how to resolve? 5star recommends replacing with stock air box. Appreciate input. Here is a pic of my Expedition/Supra.

expedition supra.jpg

16plati

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Need help with what I have done. First post. Added S&B CAI and 5star tune to my new '19 Expedition platinum. Had CEL after CAI and was told by 5star that it should resolve after loading tune- -but it didn't. Now I also have P0022 (camshaft position over-retarded) in addition to P0113(IA Temp Sensor circuit high). Truck runs ok. Has anyone had this problem and or know how to resolve? 5star recommends replacing with stock air box. Appreciate input. Here is a pic of my Expedition/Supra.

View attachment 31800
Yeah that IAT issue is known to pop up with pretty much any CAI. I have a K&n CAI and I had issues with crankcase ventilation system disconnected. Had to buy a vent tube insert to go in to a PCV fitting which fixed the issue. I’d go back to stock air box and return the truck to stock tune, Update your device again on software, and reinstall tune only

Last edited: