What Have You Done to Your 4th Gen This Week?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fozzy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Im interested in knowing how lat goes. Do you have any pics of what it WILL look like?

Not at the lower install hight. I hope I can mod the sensors to get it up to the normal level. I don’t mind cutting and drilling new holes. But I don’t want to loose the sensors for resale.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lefty hack

Reaction score
Not at the lower install hight. I hope I can mod the sensors to get it up to the normal level. I don’t mind cutting and drilling new holes. But I don’t want to loose the sensors for resale.

I agree, I personally just want all of that to work as intended. Do you have adaptive cruise? If so Will you need to move that also?

Fozzy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I agree, I personally just want all of that to work as intended. Do you have adaptive cruise? If so Will you need to move that also?

I do, I was told everything should work in the lower location. But nothing has been confirmed for the normal position. If I can raise it and it’s in the way of the radar sensor I am hoping this ADD relocation bracket off the F-150 will work. Everything I have bought from the firewall forward has fit the Expy. (A-pillar brackets, Switch-Pros module bracket, reservoir cover).

https://www.addictivedesertdesigns.com/adaptive-cruise-control-AC18152503NA

lefty hack

Reaction score
I do, I was told everything should work in the lower location. But nothing has been confirmed for the normal position. If I can raise it and it’s in the way of the radar sensor I am hoping this ADD relocation bracket off the F-150 will work. Everything I have bought from the firewall forward has fit the Expy. (A-pillar brackets, Switch-Pros module bracket, reservoir cover).

https://www.addictivedesertdesigns.com/adaptive-cruise-control-AC18152503NA

That’s good to know. I’m just beginning the process to modify mine to make it more off road capable. Thanks.

Gillbrak

Reaction score
I removed the air dam in preparation for the skid plate coming from RCI off-road. I think it looks way better without the air dam.a41f0be4399ceeb1ab948a7736847ab1.jpg

You get the one for 2015-2020 f150? Or 2007-2017 Expedition?

lefty hack

Reaction score
You get the one for 2015-2020 f150? Or 2007-2017 Expedition?

I ordered the one for the F150. I talked with RCI asking how it will fit. Basically they said one hole on the front of the front skid plate is off centered. I can drill a hole in the frame or just leave it alone bc one bolt will be plenty. Ill see what that looks like and decide what to do when I'm under there. Right now I'm leaning toward adding a drill hole.

5280tunage

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Correct, I drilled a hole and leveraged self threading bolts for the additional holes (thanks to my local Ace). But truly I don't think you need it, since ultimately they don't hold weight, they really only support impact. I suppose you could argue that the single bolt could shear off, but I think in that case the skid plate isn't deflecting impact as it's designed, something is dragging on it. One could argue in that case, you could say frame damage could result if it's on too well.

The F150 is the right one, I originally ordered the Expy and had to do several holes to get all of the panels to line up. I even re-ordered one of the pieces from them. If you ordered the entire kit with tcase etc, you may still have to drill a couple smaller holes on the very last piece. But it was easy and its strong as heck. My service tech has commented several times that it's better than most of what he sees even on raptors.

lefty hack

Reaction score
How are oil changes with the RCI skid plate there? Do you have the service tech do those or DIY?

5280tunage

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I do diy, but there's an access panel for the drain with an allen screw. That's partially why I installed a fumoto valve so it's much less messy. I'd say it's pretty much the same as doing it with the cardboard crap.