What Have You Done to Your 4th Gen This Week?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Matthew Marlowe

Reaction score
Only buy one every 20 years...

More likely:
- Don't own a vehicle before 25 unless family is paying
- Own the cheapest vehicle you can until 30-32
- Buy one reliable no-frills midsized truck or SUV when one has 4+ yr old kids
- Keep those vehicles for 15+ yrs
- Around 45-50yrs old, you and spouse agree to buy one maxed out expedition and one reliable electric commuter vehicle
- Those are the last vehicles you ever buy, even if you are driving them 30yrs later.

Thats how it is done. There is a fixed amount of money in life, saving up when young makes things much easier when old.

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
The way I read this is a person gives up $2000 to $4250 out of the gate if they choose 0% financing.

Which 0% is worth WAY more than that on a loaded Expedition. My dealer met the discount I lost by going 0-72. Good stuff!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Flexpedition

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Not really a good thread for this but wanted to share. I lurk various classifieds seeking a specific one-of-ten-made unicorn edition of a 2018+ Expedition. I'll occasionally high to low shuffle the results by distance, price, or mileage and stumbled across this one. A 2018 with 143,007 miles and evidently $0 second row captains.

https://www.towneautosales.com/details/used-2018-ford-expedition-max/65093564

The drivers seat bottom is about the only indicator of the use. Appears these trucks will age well.

AKentPhoto

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I got the Flex lights mounted up on the SDHQ mounts. Won't be able to wire them up for another week or two though...
20200603_213247.jpg

While cleaning the interior I started playing with mounting locations for a vhf. I'll make a separate thread for that when I get it up and running. So far it looks like it will just fit under the front seat. This radio is different because it doesn't rely on a head unit. It uses BT to connect to a phone or tablet for programming and many other features. Because it's Bluetooth you can connect to the vehicle (hopefully sync doesn't F me here) and use a PTT button that velcros around to the steering wheel. Brilliant! They also offer a wireless mic that is magnetic. (This is what gave me the idea about using the magnet on the trailer controller, that should be here in a day or two).

20200603_143218.jpg 20200603_143232.jpg

Fozzy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
While cleaning the interior I started playing with mounting locations for a vhf. I'll make a separate thread for that when I get it up and running. So far it looks like it will just fit under the front seat. This radio is different because it doesn't rely on a head unit. It uses BT to connect to a phone or tablet for programming and many other features. Because it's Bluetooth you can connect to the vehicle (hopefully sync doesn't F me here) and use a PTT button that velcros around to the steering wheel. Brilliant! They also offer a wireless mic that is magnetic. (This is what gave me the idea about using the magnet on the trailer controller, that should be here in a

What do you use the radio for? Are you a HAM guy or off-road guy? I might buy this radio just out of curiosity.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AKentPhoto

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Off road/work guy...
Like I said before, I don't have my amateur license yet and I mostly listen but when I'm at work they use "professional" bands and the entire crew is on walkie it is really handy. Especially when doing car to car filming.

Here is a review...