What Have You Done to Your 4th Gen This Week?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

John I

Reaction score
Is everyone okay? Sad to hear this happened to your awesome ride.

Thanks for asking. I was driving alone and, except for some neck/back soreness, am feeling okay. The drunk was fine, of course, even though he ricocheted off the Expy, across the sidewalk, and into a wrought iron fence. Things could have been a lot worse for him, as he narrowly missed a bicyclist.
I am feeling like a marked man though. Second rear-end collision by a drunk driver in 2.5 years. First one totaled my MDX.
Be safe out there.

shane_th_ee

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Well it was last week. Drove it from San Diego to DFW with a 6x12 uhaul packed to the roof.

Then I proceeded to get TX license plates on it.

I can’t believe the number of Expys here, most of them either EL or Max.

View attachment 69607
I promise not to Seattle your Texas if you promise not to California my Texas. It really is surprising how many Expeditions (and other full size SUVs) there are here. I only saw one or two gen 4’s in my part of Seattle (pop 115,000+), and yet there’s a Stealth Max two doors down and a Navigator L a couple more doors down. Overall, more houses on my street have BOF suvs than not.

bwhinnen

Reaction score
I promise not to Seattle your Texas if you promise not to California my Texas. It really is surprising how many Expeditions (and other full size SUVs) there are here. I only saw one or two gen 4’s in my part of Seattle (pop 115,000+), and yet there’s a Stealth Max two doors down and a Navigator L a couple more doors down. Overall, more houses on my street have BOF suvs than not.
Let‘s keep Texas, we’ll, Texas We seem to have moved into minivan central, mixed with trucks and lifted Jeeps.

We moved here to escape some of the costs, the taxes, the idiots (yes, each place has it’s fair share of them) and some of the asinine rules. Plus, I’m an ex-pat Aussie, so I come here to experience, not to push my way of living

One thing I will miss, is being able to lane-split on the motorcycle.

Expy related: so glad we got the cooled/seats with a fan in them, makes it much nicer in the heat. Plus, I’m searching out shading parking spots again, reminds me of growing up in the Northern Territory…

shane_th_ee

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Expy related: so glad we got the cooled/seats with a fan in them, makes it much nicer in the heat. Plus, I’m searching out shading parking spots again, reminds me of growing up in the Northern Territory…

Yeah, the ventilated seats were kinda useless in Seattle, but they're awesome here. That and the remote start phone app, which I thought was a stupid gimmick. But walking back to the Expy and having it all cooled off is awesome. Off-topic: we were expats in NSW (Port Stephens) for a couple years. I think you'll be pleasantly surprised by Texas; there are aspects to the culture which are very similar to Australian culture and which are not shared with California.

2019 Plat Exp

Reaction score
Got her ceramic coated if anyone is interested in doing it I had great results with Blackfire Pro ceramic black edition. 5 minute working time made it very easy to fully apply an entire panel let it cure and wipe it off. Won't know how well it holds up but has 9H hardness and says good for 5 years.

Link to the kit I ordered. Side note they regularly run sales on the site or parent site Autogeek.net so don't pay full price.

Attachments

• 20210731_135254.jpg
    20210731_135254.jpg
    170.7 KB · Views: 48

BlackedOutFox

Reaction score
I swapped all the halogen bulbs for LEDs and installed Rough Country 2” CREE LED 18W Flood Lights on SDHQ Pillar Mounts.

Attachments

• AD610C6D-CAB0-4BFF-AE71-74A4CFD19EBE.jpeg
    AD610C6D-CAB0-4BFF-AE71-74A4CFD19EBE.jpeg
    151.8 KB · Views: 40
  • B50CB1A1-BC9C-404F-BD94-D39C991029B4.jpeg
    B50CB1A1-BC9C-404F-BD94-D39C991029B4.jpeg
    175.2 KB · Views: 40
  • 89E3D4B0-5474-45F0-9F6C-719DF8F73B0C.jpeg
    89E3D4B0-5474-45F0-9F6C-719DF8F73B0C.jpeg
    154.6 KB · Views: 40