What Is A Good Air Freshner?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
VexedEX

VexedEX

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Cabin air filter change and get California scents (cat food looking can)

I did look into the cabin fillter? It took me to the air filter? Is this different or one in the same. In old vehicle cabin filter was located behind glove box.... Thanks for your insite.

toms89

technical advisor
Reaction score
I did look into the cabin fillter? It took me to the air filter? Is this different or one in the same. In old vehicle cabin filter was located behind glove box.... Thanks for your insite.

I researched this awhile back and discovered....at least in my 2000 expy there is no cabin air filter. I believe this is the case for all 1st gen expys with the exception of the navigators. But dont hold me too it.

PS. Ford did sell a conversion kit at one time for it but it has long since been discontinued.

Last edited:
OP
OP
VexedEX

VexedEX

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I researched this awhile back and discovered....at least in my 2000 expy there is no cabin air filter. I believe this is the case for all 1st gen expys with the exception of the navigators. But dont hold me too it.

PS. Ford did sell a conversion kit at one time for it but it has long since been discontinued.

I think your right Tom because I looked it up also.

kevinw2345

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hey i dont know if u have solved your issue yet or not, i know some companies sell a product thats for stopping odor, i live in canada so Canadian tire sells it. Its a can that you push the button on top and stand outside of your vehicle with the doors closed and the vehicle running and a/c on. The chemical in it goes through the a/c and gets into the carpet and everywhere really. It smells good too. Dont know if that helps you out because ur in Virgina and not in Canada. Hope you get it resolved soon.

OP
OP
VexedEX

VexedEX

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hey i dont know if u have solved your issue yet or not, i know some companies sell a product thats for stopping odor, i live in canada so Canadian tire sells it. Its a can that you push the button on top and stand outside of your vehicle with the doors closed and the vehicle running and a/c on. The chemical in it goes through the a/c and gets into the carpet and everywhere really. It smells good too. Dont know if that helps you out because ur in Virgina and not in Canada. Hope you get it resolved soon.

Ok thank you Kevin I am still battling the odor.... it's so strange because the interior is very clean and in great shape! I will look into that for sure!

ELVATO

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cabin air filter change and get California scents (cat food looking can)

Might have to look into that. Where do they sell them?

The longest lasting one I've had is some round tablet in new car smell. The smell wasn't too bad, and it last a good couple months. I can't remember who made it (not the K22 ones at Advance), but I can't find them anymore.

mrocks05

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Zep makes an odor eliminator. You can get it at home depot or lowes and im sure any other hardware store probably sells it. When we bought our 08, it smelled like cigarette smoke and the zep has helped out quite a bit. You just spray it all over the floor seats and headliner.

bigmatt207

Reaction score
Mine smells too. I think the interior might have gotten taken out then put back in wet. i use black ice trees, also, we sell spray called oZone? at advance auto. designed to get bad smells out. crazy strong careful when using it. think it comes in odorless, new car, and another black ice type smell. havent used it yet but heard it does wonders.

kmh1596

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Sounds like it is from wet dogs from the previous owner. My 04 was the same way when I bought it. It was in the rugs.

First off, my father is a used car dealer, and between working for him, and for 2 large new car dealerships, I have seen a lot of different ways of detailing/cleaning the rugs of a car.

Until a few years ago, I always sprayed a cleaner, sprayed a good amount of water on it, and went to town scrubbing it. Recently, I saw something that not only worked better, but dried out quickly. The detailer used full strength (or not very diluted) Simple Green or Grease(d?) Lightning. Spray it directly on the rug, scrub with a scrub brush, then vacuum clean. This way the matting underneath doesn't get saturated with water, and mold while drying. Your mileage may vary, but I did it in my 04 using Heavy Duty Fantastic, and couldn't be happier.

For air fresheners, I recently found "Wonder Wafer" new leather scent, as well as Griot's Garage Leather scented spray. Unfortunately, with a leather interior, not much smell of the air freshener will be absorbed into the seats.

Last edited: