What kind of wipers do y'all use? [And boy can the Expy handle snow!]

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I recently put on Bosch Snow Drivers up front and they are OK, not as good as my Ancos. I also put a DuraLast wiper on the rear and so far it beats the Bosch. They are all beam style blades and I don’t think they perform as well as a wiper with a covered metal frame. Anco and Trico both sell a nice metal frame winter blade. Seems the metal frame holds it to the windshield better and works through the thicker snow and ice easier.

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
We don't have snow here in the Bay Area, just a little smoke lately. I've used basic Anco's for the four years I've had my expedition now. You'd want to obvious get the ones made for ice and snow. The basic Anco's seem to work fine on my situation.

Sent from my N9131 using Tapatalk

ExplorerTom

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I need new wipers. I may give the RainX wipers a shot.

I've had the expensive Bosch Icons and wasn't terribly impressed. Especially for the money. I've actually had the same set of Icons on my Explorer for about 7 years now- but they sit in the garage 95% of the time (but still need to be replaced).

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I noticed Trico Ultras are made in the USA when i was strolling through Walmart the other day. I would have bought them over Bosch had I known.

OP
OP
Prince_Polaris

Prince_Polaris

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I swear by the Duralast wipers at Auto-Zone. They keep a nice seal against the glass, and I've had the same set on my Expy for over a year now, with no streaks as of yet. That includes cold in the 0-10°F to 90-95°F range throughout the year here in Ohio.

I might do that too, I think I had duralast on my Explorer, the only reason I went with standard wipers on the expy is because the standard ones are the only ones that could handle curving all the way around the passenger side of the windsheild!

Also, is this thing actually legit? https://www.amazon.com/AUTOBOO-9L1Z17526A-Expedition-Navigator-Windshield/dp/B07CGVNWYS/

If it is, I suppose I might as well stick it onto my car's back window, but I'm not sure if I want to switch to a single-piece wiper since it would probably be harder to replace...

OP
OP
Prince_Polaris

Prince_Polaris

Full Access Members
Reaction score
All right, so I went to AutoZone and tried a few types of wipers. However, nothing fits right! 20 inches is the default size, and yet 21 and 19 both have the same problem- the passenger wiper doesn't curve properly to the windsheild, unless it's one of the 'standard' types of wipers and those ones can't handle winter weather. I know it's silly to be so bothered by the wiper not fully moulding to the windsheild, but I'm pretty sure over time it will really cause a problem.

Here, this is a good enough example for now... see how the passenger wiper has to curve way more than the driver's side one in order to properly rest on the glass? I even tried a hybrid type of wiper, but nope, it couldn't bend enough.

unknown.png

ManUpOrShutUp

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I noticed Trico Ultras are made in the USA when i was strolling through Walmart the other day. I would have bought them over Bosch had I known.

If you want Tricos, check your local Sears if they're on the store closing list. The DieHard wipers are made by Trico and are 50% off at every closing store I've been to (makes them $6/ea).