What to watch out for - collision repair

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MxRacer965

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Damn deer ran out in front of me today...noon...weirdest dang time of day ever.

Anyway, what electrical do-dads should I be checking on as it is repaired?

Platinum trim.

So:
Active shutters for cooling
Parking sensors
Adaptive cruise
360 camera
Intercooler?
Radiator (leaking)

what else? Has every option...

310B311C-4124-4E5E-BC68-FB64DCF81BB1.jpeg

Big H

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Headlight, fog light, Electronic Dampening Sensor, shock leak, brake line leak, speed sensors, axle boots, alignment, steering column and rack n pinion, and brake force distribution. I’m sure I’missing some stuff

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Paul M

Reaction score
Damn, and I was pissed that I almost hit a raccoon about an hour ago. Deer are the worst, non reflective, moving at dusk when you can't see, and now jumping out at noon!

Something else I can add to my list of 2020 weirdness.

Uturn

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I feel for you. Deer aren't the worst, just hit one of the 300-400lb pigs around here. It's like running into a fire hydrant.

Reaction score
Park Assist and ABS sensors; those damn things are about as finnicky as they come. If the deer didn't go under then it is very unlikely the ABS sensors would be affected. However, make sure that you test the Park Assist at the shop so that if it tosses errors you're right there.

Not that it would have helped much but man I wish a company would manufacture a grill/brush guard that would work reliably with the loaded Limited and Platinum trims. I hate not having even just a bull bar to protect my front some.

Vipersinu2

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Here is what to watch out for.
This is selling on ebay 5LMJJ3LT0KEL05439
Yickes

20200816_124553.jpg

20200816_124644.jpg

Plati

Reaction score
My girlfriend hit a deer just like that (different vehicle) ... got it all fixed with insurance. 6 months later , one of the rear lights didnt work. I got a circuit diagram and started troubleshooting. Turns out one of the brass terminals in a front light got dislodged and didn't make connection (after 6 months) ... so rear light didnt work. It was odd but that was what was wrong. All I had to do was snap it back into place (in front) and rear worked.

So ... if you have electrical problems down the road, might be related to this BAMBI incident.