Whats the brightest led bulb 3157

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
SOLISIMO

SOLISIMO

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Funny, at first Im thinking, Ive seen bulbs with way more leds, but then again these are all facing foward as to where the others are all around.

tonydiv

technical advisor
Reaction score
http://www.superbrightleds.com/cgi-...tion=DispPage&Page2Disp=/specs/315x-x45-T.htm

Although it would seem that the lamps that have all the leds facing out would be brighter, it doesn't work out that way. You end up with a single bright spot in the lens. The ones in the link above really "fill up" the tail light lens by bouncing light all over the reflector.

I've tried both (still have the 3 watt single led bulbs around here somewhere) and the multi-led bulb is the one I stuck with.

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
and that will be the same logic for reverse? we want reverse...

ELVATO

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Seems like each.

Also, the one BlkGT posted won't be bright at all. Seems like a bunch of 3/5 mm LEDs, which aren't very bright. They may be semi bright to look at in the evening, but won't throw out any throw light on the ground.

OP
OP
SOLISIMO

SOLISIMO

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I want something like the daytime running lights on the chevys but just in led

ELVATO

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't know, at least with the second ones, you get light from the reflectors.

Either way, light output is really dependent on the reverse housing. My LEDs are brighter than the ones used in an S2000, but he puts out more light on the ground (probably because he's closer to the ground) and surrounding area.

WHOISMOOTOO

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Not to totally hijack the thread but for stop lights which work better white bulb or red and I mean Led of course.....?

Sent from space using taptalk