Whats your favorite tool in your garage.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CARO'S98EB

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I work as a Ford tech my favorite is my IDS. Of the rest it is my cordless 18v impact.

WSS1

Reaction score
My 6'x12' CNC cutting table, 20ga to 4". Does both oxy/fuel and plaz. It sits in the spot that our '72 Scout II used to sit.

WSS1

Attachments

• Photo131.jpg
    Photo131.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 74

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Me cuz I'm awesome

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk

timberwoof

Full Access Members
Reaction score
You guys beat me to it. I use all my tools but my dad always told me while we were working on cars, your brain is the best and most used tool you can use. There is nothing worse in the mechanic world than an idiot with a wrench trying to paint car with WD40.

VexedEX

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I don't have a Garage.... wish I did! I have a shed I keep tools in.... I would have to say the Socket Wrench. It is always needed and is so handy!

Thermo

technical advisor
Reaction score
My favorite tool right now is probably my 175 amp LIncoln MIG welder. Use that with some of my other tools/toys and well, there isn't much that I couldn't do. haven't been able to use it lately since where I live doesn't have a 220V plug in the garage. Granted, I am looking at a table like what WSS1 has and then, oh boy. There will be lots of goodies coming my way.

I'm looking at getting me a forge so I can make me some damascus steel. Then I can have some fun making some very interesting things for my vehicles. But, that will come with time. need to get a house first.

Notmyidi

Full Access Members
Reaction score
As a mechanic there is no real way to pin point a favorite tool, my 1157 ft lb 1/2inch impact or the good ol blue wrench since I work on mainly gm vehicles I really like tech 2, allows me to view more than just codes, in fact way more than a snap on souls does.

sent from my mind via of telepathy

toms89

technical advisor
Reaction score
Lately one of my most used tools is my laptop. Actually two of them.. one that enables me to modify/write my tunes and the other used to datalog in the truck. But I dont keep them in the garage so maybe it doesnt apply...

shadow460

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Lately one of my most used tools is my laptop. Actually two of them.. one that enables me to modify/write my tunes and the other used to datalog in the truck. But I dont keep them in the garage so maybe it doesnt apply...

Agreed. The best combo is a code reader and this older than dirt Dell laptop that I can get greasy if need be. Google can think for me when stuff is over my head. A close third is a multimeter for testing sensors.

Notmyidi

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I'll add a tool I recently added to my box, a power probe (model III). Love it

sent from my mind via of telepathy