Wheel Bearings 2018

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jsarv

Reaction score
Had front drivers side wheel bearing fail @ 24K. Currently getting replaced at the dealer but anyone else had any issues?

Bow512

Full Access Members
Reaction score
What kind of sounds were you getting out of it? Mine has started a noise up front and I can’t pin point it. Sounds a bit like tire noise but it’s not and it doesn’t go away in 4wd or change when you turn.

OP
OP
J

jsarv

Reaction score
Easy to eliminate tire noise I just rotated and the sound was still in the front. For mine I had the distinctive increased noise from turning hard right as it was the drivers side. I thought it was the tires being the rig only has 24k and thought the wheel bearings would have a better lifespan

Dmowry

Reaction score
38,000 on my Limited Max, noise on driver front and dealer says wheel bearing/hub needs replaced. Having replaced next Tuesday and thankfully with Ford Protect warranty it will only be $100 dollars.

DWs-TTEB

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I had my front driver side (DS) wheel hub replayed last week covered under warranty (9-9-2020).
I had a constant slight vibration & a heavy vibration like going over a rumble strip (front end DS) while take a slight left or right curve at speed (50+ MPH). 32K miles were on that wheel hub.

Soliyou

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I am at 20k and have one that is starting to get noisy; especially when making turns. But not to the point that warrants a replacement.

I hope it fails before 36k

Dmowry

Reaction score
38,000 on my Limited Max, noise on driver front and dealer says wheel bearing/hub needs replaced. Having replaced next Tuesday and thankfully with Ford Protect warranty it will only be $100 dollars.
Dealership found the passenger front wheel bearing to be the culprit and all is quiet now. $100 dollar deductable but probably saved 3 times that with the extended warranty.

Deadman

Full Access Members
Reaction score
They claim the IWE ground so long on my wife 18 Navigator that the metal shavings contaminated the wheel bearing and trashed it. So they replaced both IWE's and the wheel bearings, 17,000 miles.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
M Bennett