Wheel Noise

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tonka

Reaction score
I have a 2013 Expy, I have a grinding feel coming from drivers front when turning (not all the time though). Before the grinding feeling and noise was from the wheel bearings got those fixed and a tie rod. What could still be making the grinding feel???

71Rcode

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hey check out my posts from the past year. I replaced the IWEs and the wheel hubs/bearings....solved my problem

99WhiteC5Coupe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have a 2013 Expy, I have a grinding feel coming from drivers front when turning (not all the time though). Before the grinding feeling and noise was from the wheel bearings got those fixed and a tie rod. What could still be making the grinding feel???

You could have a worn brake pad that is causing the grinding, or a slightly bent rotor splash shield that is rubbing on the wheel or something else when you turn.

Since you had some wheel bearing work done, it is possible the mechanic bent the splash shield. You can look for shiny “witness” marks on the splash shield to see if something has been rubbing on it.

Doug Reed

Reaction score
I just had a rear wheel bearing assy and a front caliper that was hanging up replaced.....good news - total silence...bad news-$900 previously known as $500 repair bill. (I DON'T wrench myself).....

JasonH

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I just had a rear wheel bearing assy and a front caliper that was hanging up replaced.....good news - total silence...bad news-$900 previously known as $500 repair bill. (I DON'T wrench myself).....
Never too late to start!

SPLASHMIT

Reaction score
I had the same experience 2 months back. I replace the wheel hub and was not totally gone. The main problem is the 4wd locking hub actuator which is causing the grinding feeling. I replace this locking actuator and noise were gone.