wheel size

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Im wondering if I can fit 16's on my 2001 expedition. I've got 17's from the factory and i'd like to go with 16 instead. can anyone confirm if the caliper clears the rim for me?

Ghetto Geek

Reaction score
Im wondering if I can fit 16's on my 2001 expedition. I've got 17's from the factory and i'd like to go with 16 instead. can anyone confirm if the caliper clears the rim for me?

@dieselwrencher I responded to a similar post by you in a similar topic thread:
https://www.expeditionforum.com/threads/rim-size.39555/#post-368609

In that thread, I mentioned that Father’s Day 2017 I purchased my 1998 EB 4x4, 5.4l, 2v with the stock 16” wheels and tires (they’re for sale cheap, if anyone’s interested) and I still have the stock calipers, & rotors, just upgraded to HD ceramic towing pads and there were no issues with them. They have plenty of clearance and now I’m on 24 x 9 black and chrome rims. So you should be good. Unless I’m misunderstanding you and if so, I apologize. Please give us an update. Thanks!