Wheel Well Storage Mod?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cvbrewer

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I just bought 2017 XLT and am looking into increasing the hidden storage. I remember reading in the past that someone figured out how to access the wheel well area. It looks like the panels on the top can be removed. I have done several searches both on the site and using google without finding much.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,
CV

Black

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The trays on top just pop out.
Start in the middle near the glass to pop it out. Takes a bit of force.

Habbibie

Is it Christmas yet?
Reaction score
What are you trying to hide there buddy?

LOL You know dogs are trained to sniff out drugs and gun powder residue.... just saying.

Dorzak

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Personally I like to lock things in the car when doing things like beach or swimming.

OP
OP
C

cvbrewer

Reaction score
I meant the interior wheel wells, on either side in the trunk area on the inside of the car. I just want to stow jumper cables, water bottles, and a few other emergency things out of the way so that they don't take up any space in the car. I will try to pop out the trays.

David1

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Just remember it will be a reverse door ding if you are rough.

OP
OP
C

cvbrewer

Reaction score
Yes XLT! That is the one I saw before and was unable to find on search. Thanks so much.