Wheels Painted on Expy

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ZombieEXP

Reaction score
So this weekend I decided to paint the wheels but have been trying to decide whether to go with Plastidip or wheel paint. I decided to go with VHT's black satin wheel paint with their clear coat for a bit more glossiness and extra protection. I've used this brand paint before on the engine compartment on my Mustang and have been very happy with it. It sprays nice and dries to the touch in about 20 minutes. So here's some pics of what I've done. I also used bedliner spray for the trim. I'm thinking I'm going to get the Duplicolor shadow to spray on the bumpers. enude3a8.jpguheja7yd.jpgmuvapyna.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

northernexp

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Wow or trucks look (Ed) very similar! Nice job! I used plasti dip on the bumpers it's holding up so far during the beginning of winter, I guess what they look like in the spring will be the answer to whether or not it's very durable. I didn't want to spray paint on the chrome bumpers because I've found our doesn't hold will unless you go all or on etching etc.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Reaction score
What kind of paint did you use to paint your rims or did you plastic dip them?

Sent from my HTC VLE_U using Tapatalk

northernexp

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I used plasti dip on the front and rear bumpers, I would have used it for everything but I only had one can, it's not available here where I live some ppl sell it in the local classifieds I guess they order it from the us. I used a rust paint called"rust check" idk if it's available everywhere or just here because rust is such an issue on vehicles, but it's incredibly tough and I had it laying around so I just used it, so the wheels are gloss black rust check paint and the caps are flat black rustoleum.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Thanks man I've been thinking about plastic dipping my rims but I didn't know if painting was but better but yeah rust is a problem down here in Missouri too.

Sent from my HTC VLE_U using Tapatalk

northernexp

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I'm sure plasti dip would work good I just used the rust paint because it was there, I like the idea of being able to go back to the oem look because every time I paint stock wheels I want to go back to the stock look after a while lol. I no longer have that option. If I had easier access to plasti dip I would have definitely went that route.

Last edited: