When to purchase extended warranty

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Joey Smith

Reaction score
I recently purchased a 2019 Expedition and was wondering whether or not there are benefits of purchasing an extended warranty before 3yr/36k.

Any thoughts on that?
Thx.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lobsenza

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Not to rush you, but there is a warranty price increase on October 2nd. The warranty also goes up in price at 12 months or 12,000 miles. Buy from Flood Ford. You can buy online in a few clicks.

AParamedic

Reaction score
The price goes up after the first year or 12k miles and will supposedly increase after 10/2. I compared a bunch of quotes online and found the cheapest price by calling Ziegler Ford. If you pay for the warranty in full at the time of purchase (rather than finance it), they can deduct another $75 from the “best” quoted online price which ended up coming in about 50 bucks cheaper than Flood Ford.

keny01998

Full Access Members
Reaction score
With all the Ford quotes I inquired recently, I found Flood Ford has the cheapest price on extended warranty. I bought Premium 6 years, 100k miles with $50 deductible for $1340. Peace of mind since this is my first Ford lol.

Johhn14

Reaction score
I bought one from Flood also. Way cheaper than the dealer I bought the car from - that dealer laughed and told me they had no idea Flood is doing it as it’s below their cost.

anyways, I figure piece of mine with all the electronics and even the LED headlights for that matter which are not serviceable.

OP
OP
J

Joey Smith

Reaction score
Thanks for the information.

Did not know about the rate increase on 10/2 but do see that mentioned on sites now.

AAOO

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Flood was $200 cheaper than anywhere I looked online. 8/125 $100

OP
OP
J

Joey Smith

Reaction score
Hi. I went to my local Ford dealer to see if they could match or beat the quote from Flood Ford.

They were more than the Flood quote by $1400. They told me that purchasing online is very risky and that the state has laws against selling online warranties from other states. He also told me that anyone offering a warranty has to look at the car and confirm the mileage.

Has anyone purchased a Flood ESP warranty in California and used it successfully? While I am reasonably certain the salesperson was attempting to scare me into purchasing from him, I did want to know if people have had any issues with using an extended warranty issued by Flood Ford.

Thx!

aggiegrad05

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Also keep in mind, if you have an extended warranty you are entitled to a loaner while your car is in for service. I don't think that applies to regular service like oil changes and whatnot, but if you are having warranty work done, you are entitled to a loaner. Without the plan, whether or not you get one is left to the discretion of the dealership.

And this is only anecdotal, but every time I go in for service, even if it's just for an oil change, I mention I have PremiumCare and tell them I will need a loaner. They check to confirm I have the plan and have given me a loaner 100% of the time.