When to purchase extended warranty

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lobsenza

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The only place where I have heard of issues with out of state warranty purchases is Florida. Florida law screws its residents.

Deadman

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Are these "Flood" warranty's actually thru Ford? Or are they an independent company? Just curious, I'v never in my life bought an extended warranty.....

AAOO

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Are these "Flood" warranty's actually thru Ford? Or are they an independent company? Just curious, I'v never in my life bought an extended warranty.....

They are through Ford. Here is a copy of the contract minus the first page with my info.

Attachments

• Ford_ESP_Contract.pdf
    216.5 KB · Views: 19

Bill Schell

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Flood was the best deal I found on the Premium Care 8 year/125000 mile plan. With the passenger side power running board continually misfiring, and likely being replaced, I just paid for 60% of the warranty... in month #2.

On whatever plan you choose, make certain of the details regarding when effective dates - especially since you are still covered by the 3/36000.

Password

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The only place where I have heard of issues with out of state warranty purchases is Florida. Florida law screws its residents.
I'm not sure if it's just a coding thing, but the email I got from Lombard Ford after I requested a quote explicitly says "special financing rates for Florida". Maybe Lombard knows the workaround

OP
OP
J

Joey Smith

Reaction score
I ended up purchasing an 8yr/100k, $100 deductible plan through Flood.

I can see the Extended Warranty details now showing up in my Ford Pass app which is setup to be tied to my VIN.

All seems good. May go to a dealer to have them look up my VIN to confirm that I have the PremiumCare plan that I have purchased.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lobsenza

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Flood raised the cost of my warranty by $100 today. Fortunately, I bought it a month ago.....

jwas1

Reaction score
I recently purchased a 2019 Expedition and was wondering whether or not there are benefits of purchasing an extended warranty before 3yr/36k.

Any thoughts on that?
Thx.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
We have owned Fords since 1978. Have never regretted not buying extended warranty. Ours have been very reliable.

iamretired

Reaction score
Lombard Ford, sold me a ESP plan on my 2015 with 83k 100 deductible, for 36,000 and 3 years a few months ago for $1410. And yes they sent an inspector that came to my house to verify vehicle and mileage.