Where can I find the exterior paint color code?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rob4092xx

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Is there some label somewhere that contains the exterior paint code? I picked a bottle of touch up paint from my dealer and it is not nearly as white as the exterior paint on my 18 Expedition XLT.

Uturn

Full Access Members
Reaction score
On the b-pillar post behind the drivers door are two labels, one is manufacturer and one is for tires. On the manufacturer label just below the bar code, on the left side, you will see EXT PNT with a two/number letter code. That code is the paint code.

Uturn

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Mine only has letters, "YZ." So is it missing numbers as well? Thanks!

Nothing missing, YZ is your paint code. Should have clarified it better. Only two digits, either numbers, letters, or a combination. Examples YZ, F5, 7G, 62,

99WhiteC5Coupe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Is there some label somewhere that contains the exterior paint code? I picked a bottle of touch up paint from my dealer and it is not nearly as white as the exterior paint on my 18 Expedition XLT.

If you provide the VIN to the Ford dealer part’s department, they can enter it in their system and immediately tell you the code and provide the correct touch-up paint (or order it).

Bruce Mitchell

Reaction score
Yup. On my '99 the paint code (E9) is on the driver's side sticker that shows tire size & pressure, etc. VIN will also reveal the secret.

BTW - I needed some touch-up paint for mine; found it on eBay - OEM Motorcraft base & clear - for $17 w/free shipping. Dealer probably costs a little more ;).Sks-_FPGDZXCvLIKigNwHaHa&w=198&h=198&c=7&o=5&pid=1.jpg