Where do you put your keys?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rick Anjel

Reaction score
Since I dont have an FX4, I put mine in the box where the 4x4 nob is supposed to go. It works great for me.

TheDoug

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have always kept it in my pocket. I guess I have occasionally thrown it in the cup holder.

Fozzy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I hate having it in my pocket. I always seem to be setting off the alarm. Even if it’s the only thing in my pocket. It’s not the worse fob I have ever had. I had a 2006 Dodge truck that had the fob and key all in one. It did not fold or anything, just a huge fob with a long key sticking out of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Yoop33

Yoop33

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I’m typically wearing dress pants to work and hate having anything in my pockets. I’ll usually keep my phone in a back pocket which is hardly visible and I can sit on with no problem...

I’d rather just not carry the fob at all but I really like the idea of being able to just walk up and put my hand in the handle to unlock the door. It’s pretty seamless.

Has anyone taken the fob apart? I’m wondering if there’s just an NFC chip or something that could be removed and implanted into my wrist? [emoji23] lol
Or many stuck to the back of my phone ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Deadman

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Follow up to my post above....
They live in the cubby where my trailer brake controller would be, and they don’t really ever leave. I use my phone or the b-pillar keypad to unlock and remote start the vehicle. Why in the world would anyone (other than those with purses or murses) carry around such a huge friggin’ key fob? They made it so big, Ford might as well have attached it to a cinder block or a giant piece of wood like a seedy gas station bathroom key.

OMG EXACTLY this is a biggest bulkiest annoying key I have seen. Theres actually days when I drive my wife's Ford Flex because I know I'll need the key in my pocket all day and I absolutely refuse to carry this "cinder block" in my pocket all day. I also swap between my other work vehicles and this key is gigantic compared to ALL of my other cars/trucks.

I have ALWAYS carried all of my keys in my jeans pocket every minute of everyday since I've been 16 and could drive. Now, I simply don't because of this key. I almost didn't buy this Expedition because of this dam key. My wife laughs at me whining about it daily, but it really irritates me.

Do you guys think there is any way we would program a 2013-2014 FORD key fob to this 18 Expedition? Its sooo much smaller and fits in your pocket easily.

Rancidlunchmeat

2019 XLT FX4
Reaction score
Most of the time in my 5th wheel pocket on my jeans. Is that what that little pocket is called? If I do decide to leave it in the vehicle there is a space/tray behind the drivers door handle/opener (inside obviously) that works well.

Then where do you keep your Zippo?

nate6966

Full Access Members
Reaction score
OMG EXACTLY this is a biggest bulkiest annoying key I have seen. Theres actually days when I drive my wife's Ford Flex because I know I'll need the key in my pocket all day and I absolutely refuse to carry this "cinder block" in my pocket all day. I also swap between my other work vehicles and this key is gigantic compared to ALL of my other cars/trucks.

I have ALWAYS carried all of my keys in my jeans pocket every minute of everyday since I've been 16 and could drive. Now, I simply don't because of this key. I almost didn't buy this Expedition because of this dam key. My wife laughs at me whining about it daily, but it really irritates me.

Do you guys think there is any way we would program a 2013-2014 FORD key fob to this 18 Expedition? Its sooo much smaller and fits in your pocket easily.
Just put the key in the center console and then use the door keypad to lock and unlock the vehicle. Done!

coupe11

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I keep the one for my car in my pocket all the time. Only buttons I've hit while moving around are the lock/unlock buttons.

I keep the one for my wife's car and the Expedition in a basket my wife put on the kitchen counter top for spare/extra keys. I get the key for the vehicle I will be driving out before I walk out the door (or come back and get it if I forget) and put it back in the basket when we get home.