Where do you put your keys?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Deadman

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I wish it still had an ignition switch for a key, so I would remember to let the stupid key in it when I park it in the garage. Otherwise I take the key in the house because I forget its in my pocket and then when my wife goes to use it or someone else at my work, then they have no key. Often times my employees forget and take the keys home with them because they are in their pockets and then the next person comes to work and is screwed unless, so we now have a rack of spare keys in the garage so everyone has a backup.

flying68

Full Access Members
Reaction score
On long drives I put them in the tray that runs along the bottom side of the console. Keys and wallet fit perfectly there. Phone goes on the wireless charger.

Lou Hamilton

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Most of the time in my 5th wheel pocket on my jeans. Is that what that little pocket is called? If I do decide to leave it in the vehicle there is a space/tray behind the drivers door handle/opener (inside obviously) that works well.

It's actually called a "watch pocket." Originally designed to hold a pocket watch.

Bill Schell

Full Access Members
Reaction score
On a keychain and in my front right pants pocket - where they have been since my first car. The only downside to these FOBS is that if you keep other items in that same pocket, you occasionally set off the panic alarm. I think they should make those a 2 button press, in sequence, to activate. :mad:

haviland

Full Access Members
Reaction score
"It won’t let you lock it with the handle touch pad if not outside the vehicle."

Don't know if that is true with the 4th Gen but with my 2017 the fob can be locked inside the vehicle. To unlock press the last 2 buttons on the door.

I never carry any keys.

nate6966

Full Access Members
Reaction score
"It won’t let you lock it with the handle touch pad if not outside the vehicle."

Don't know if that is true with the 4th Gen but with my 2017 the fob can be locked inside the vehicle. To unlock press the last 2 buttons on the door.

I never carry any keys.

You're correct. On the 4th gen, you can do the same - leave the key fob in the vehicle and press / hold the last two numbers on the keypad to lock the vehicle anyway. It will lock up and won't unlock without a second fob or you can enter the unlock code into the keypad.

Teasip

Reaction score
In my pocket, I don't want to accidentally leave in the SUV so someone can just steal the whole rig.