Where is the Air suspension compressor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bigwill

Reaction score
I took my 2010 expedition el limited to the mechanic because my suspension in the rear was sitting very low to the tire. I was advice that I need a air suspension compressor, mechanic was charging me $850 for everything. I took my truck back and would try to tackle it myself, part cost little under 200 online. I looked online and the videos I came across was telling it located under the windshield reservoir next the battery so I thought pretty easy. Open my hood a different setup. Where is it located on the 2010 el limited 5.4?

Modelcarguy

Reaction score
You can find it on an 08 right behind the passenger side head lamp.

to replace it you have to remove the right front tire and fender liner.

HawkX66

Semper Fi!
Reaction score
Pretty easy job. Like was mentioned. Behind the pass side headlight. You can do it without removing the fender liner, but it might be easier to remove it. I did the one in my 07 four years ago and it's already making noise again. I did buy a cheap compressor though.

OP
OP
B

Bigwill

Reaction score
Ok changed the compressor still not going up so frustrated!!!

WEDGE

Full Access Members
Reaction score
2nd option is to convert to conventional coil over struts (From an XLT model) I've done this on an 07 Limited. The "check air suspension" warning is always on, haven't found a way to get rid of that yet.

But seeing as how you've already changed out the compressor, it's probably too late for this option!

Modelcarguy

Reaction score
Have you checked your set up screen to make sure the rear end is turned on?

OP
OP
B

Bigwill

Reaction score
Compressor came on ran for about a min nothing happened rear end still low. Upon inspection I notice the air line about half way the length of the car was separated I connected back together but now the air compressor won’t come back on...

OP
OP
B

Bigwill

Reaction score
Update, disconnect the battery to reset now the booty look beautiful. Now I’m starting to think did I really needed a compressor? Did the mechanic steer me in the wrong direction to try and rip me off? Ummm the world may never know. Thanks you guys for your help .