Where is the best deal on Ford OEM extended warranty?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Deadman

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Your dealer is a lot better at his job than mine was.

Mine offered me the full warranty with all the bells and whistles for like $3800. I said: ”I can buy it online with Flood for $1500”. He said: ”what if I charge you $1550?”. I said: ”sure”.

The end.

As long as your dealer didn't strip all the premium add-ons off to match their coverage and price......??????
Flood doesn't cover the LED headlights and some other major items like electrical and such.
Might be worth looking at your paperwork quick....?

aggiegrad05

Full Access Members
Reaction score
As long as your dealer didn't strip all the premium add-ons off to match their coverage and price......??????
Flood doesn't cover the LED headlights and some other major items like electrical and such.

Just checked...PremiumCare, 96 months/100k miles, no deletions (lighting and rental all included), $1630 total.

My dealer never asked the details about the Flood plan. I told him I wanted premiumcare and he quoted me his price. I said “nah, I can get it cheaper online” so he matched it; he wouldn’t have known what to delete had he wanted to.

These plans are $0 cost to the dealer; every dollar they charge is gravy for them.

I agree your dealer did what they should have and actually asked questions about the comparison before matching it. But mine didn’t and I benefitted.

That is excellent info on Flood’s deletions though, I did not know that. So thank you!

Deadman

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Just checked...PremiumCare, 96 months/100k miles, no deletions (lighting and rental all included), $1630 total.

My dealer never asked the details about the Flood plan. I told him I wanted premiumcare and he quoted me his price. I said “nah, I can get it cheaper online” so he matched it; he wouldn’t have known what to delete had he wanted to.

These plans are $0 cost to the dealer; every dollar they charge is gravy for them.

I agree your dealer did what they should have and actually asked questions about the comparison before matching it. But mine didn’t and I benefitted.

That is excellent info on Flood’s deletions though, I did not know that. So thank you!

Glad yours is complete!

flying68

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Looks like Flood has all of that in the options just like every other dealer does.
Screenshot_20200202-230759_Chrome.jpg

Deadman

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Looks like Flood has all of that in the options just like every other dealer does.
View attachment 34196

Correct, but you need to add them all on. They aren't typically in their first price was my point.
Once you add them all on, the price isn't much less than my dealer was. They cut me a $100 discount and it was about $100 more than from Flood, so I did it. $100 is worth the satisfaction of keeping them happy, so if I need something in the future, they will help me out instead of being pissy because I bought warranty elsewhere. Small-town politics BS!

flying68

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Correct, but you need to add them all on. They aren't typically in their first price was my point.
Once you add them all on, the price isn't much less than my dealer was. They cut me a $100 discount and it was about $100 more than from Flood, so I did it. $100 is worth the satisfaction of keeping them happy, so if I need something in the future, they will help me out instead of being pissy because I bought warranty elsewhere. Small-town politics BS!
I think what should really be the point is that you need to know what they are selling in order to compare. Not all dealers will include the extra coverage options in their prices either.

Grey ghost

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The way they handled the shock absorber issue and other things I don't want ford touching this vehicle.if I have some major issue I'll trade it on something else. Extended warranties aren't a really good value anyway in most cases.

Deadman

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I only bought my warranty because of all the electronic BS on this nightmare.. I can't fix that stuff and they count on that....

Redstripe19

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Are these warranties refunded on a prorated basis if you sell the car before it runs out?